Unable to install Leopard with empty MacBook Pro

eddy123

2 posts in this topic

I got an MacBook Pro. It comes with no installation disc(as losted) and OS X with it. So, the only way I can do is to take my MacBook back to the service center or install 10.5 with it. Here is what I tried all method to install leopard as described by so many users in this forum:

I use an Mac OS X 10.4.5 installation disc (which is not the exact model of my MacBook Pro, so there is no way to install the Tiger.) to boot up.

Than it said "Alert, this software cannot be installed on this computer". Yea. I know. Coz it's not match.

So, I clicked from the Utilities, calling Disk Utility.

With that, I used the method to partition the whole disk into 2: one is 100G for "leopard", and one is 10G for "install". Than by using the external USB hard drive, I mount the image by clicking "file">"open image file". Than image is mounted.

After than, I clicked the "restore" tab, trying to drag the disc over it but it is not successful. So there is no way that i can put the dmg file to the "install" partition, and boot with it.

So is there any option to install 10.5 in this empty Mac? I did burn it on the DL DVD, but it comes with a "circle with a cross" in the end. What happen?

Thanks in advice!

did'nt you use the install disks that came with your MBP ? cause they work fine for me... try borrowing discs from someone you know and then try to install 10.5 from inside OSX, by launching OSinstall.mpkg in System > Install > Packages i think it was, on the dvd / image which you can mount in osx.