How to Get Data Back From VmWare

3 posts in this topic

Hay all,

I have installed the Snow leopard on vmware7 Workstation and Created some Microsoft word and Presentation files on the Mac with some other Digital Content on the Drive now I want to get that Data on my host Windows 7 HDD. I do try to mount the .VMDK file of the virtual machine using the VMWare Mount Utility but it does not showing any Data in the Drive instead of it gives error that drive need to be format.When i Hit the Format Now option it shows Another error message that drive is not Contain accessible Filesystem. Screen Shot Attached.For this I installed Mac Drive 8 to make the filesystem Accessible on Windows but same error Persists.

Completely Confused about how to Copy the data to the Host without Reformatting the Drive Coz i need the Project Data from the Drive.

Please Help Me......

Thanks n Advance...........

post-688215-1303659134_thumb.jpg

bluecomb,

I am obviously missing something here, so bare with me. You have a 10.6 VMware Workstation directory with importantly a vmdk, nvram and vmx file. So if you fire this up under Workstation you have a running OS X 10.6.x? If you are using either Donk's darwin.iso or Albert's Unlocker then you can install VMware Tools from a mounted darwin.iso and enable Shared Folders and copy content to your windows partition, simple as that! Well it can be depending on your starting position.

We await your further input and clarification of your specific configuration, MSoK.