ATI 5650m artifacts

korak

12 posts in this topic

Picture:

IMG_20110423_181414.jpg

10.7 kexts (with early 2011 ATI kexts - only HDMI works)

kabyl's boot

FB: Eulemur (tested others - either same as above or only HDMI out)

EDID injected (without EDID was able to get correct picture through VNC and changing resolutions, on Nth change - screen picture become correct, except high pitch sound from laptop screen controller/video card)

On screen off by timeout I observe just still image. So I assume - display power management dont work either.

Any ideas how to fix are WELCOME ! ;\

PS: possible my problem is partially incompatible EDID data. (1920*1080 resolution)....

EDIT: added some details.

result: no picture on laptop screen, only HDMI works.

no piont opening up another thread asking for help, from all the other opened threads you should now know the status of how many people getting a perfect setup.

no piont opening up another thread asking for help, from all the other opened threads you should now know the status of how many people getting a perfect setup.

not all people got 100% working video card. I already read and perform all required actions but all I got - picture above, or GraphicsEnabler=No ;)

And my laptop screen are only and last problem to solve.

PS: I'll be very happy to be mistaken.

not all people got 100% working video card. I already read and perform all required actions but all I got - picture above, or GraphicsEnabler=No :D

And my laptop screen are only and last problem to solve.

PS: I'll be very happy to be mistaken.

no 5650m user has 100% setup, LVDS is the last problem of this model.

no 5650m user has 100% setup, LVDS is the last problem of this model.

but I still have a little hope that most of my problem - is incorrect display timings/or somekind of "init".

so it's more likely that I just need to make some hacks to setup correct custom personalities (mucha's guide, bcc9's guide) .... but it's rather time consuming :blink:

but I still have a little hope that most of my problem - is incorrect display timings/or somekind of "init".

so it's more likely that I just need to make some hacks to setup correct custom personalities (mucha's guide, bcc9's guide) .... but it's rather time consuming :(

Let me see the result of following command please : (during LVDS screen show as the picture in first post)

ioreg -l -w0 > ioreg.txt

so it's more likely that I just need to make some hacks to setup correct custom personalities (mucha's guide, bcc9's guide) .... but it's rather time consuming ;)

bcc9's guide and mucha's will not make your internal screen work. unless someone comes up with a pretty good DSDT hack, i'm pretty sure in my beliefs after what I have been through with this model that it won't work until any of the ATI kext's implement further support that means wait for further versions. If your Internal screen wont work with using ATI FB RadeonFramebuffer then it wont work. When Apple releases new kexts and using RadeonFramebuffer makes all 3 connections work then their is a huge chance that modifying an existing FB will then be successful.

Mucha's guide was consuming, same as Bcc9's but i enjoy wasting many days consuming this type of information because it's my hobby and that's what I enjoy doing, Further researching my topics i'm interested in. If you do not wish to read then you obviously do not really wish to learn.

bcc9's guide and mucha's will not make your internal screen work. unless someone comes up with a pretty good DSDT hack, i'm pretty sure in my beliefs after what I have been through with this model that it won't work until any of the ATI kext's implement further support that means wait for further versions. If your Internal screen wont work with using ATI FB RadeonFramebuffer then it wont work. When Apple releases new kexts and using RadeonFramebuffer makes all 3 connections work then their is a huge chance that modifying an existing FB will then be successful.

Mucha's guide was consuming, same as Bcc9's but i enjoy wasting many days consuming this type of information because it's my hobby and that's what I enjoy doing, Further researching my topics i'm interested in. If you do not wish to read then you obviously do not really wish to learn.

You are quite right about fun and pleasure of discovering something new... but not in case when job has to be done some time ago :P So I start thinking that hackintosh is not for working. It's just a kind of 'Tamagotchi' for geeks :D

Now I have fully working Acer OSx86 build, and just want FullHD screen to get some more pleasure from coding ;)