Disk Utilities won't show my Partition

MochaX

5 posts in this topic

So I finally got around to downloading the right distro and atempting to instal OSx86 and I got past that white text screen and the Installtion menu showed up. So I followed the tutorial I printed and went to Disk Utilities. It showed my USB, my HP Recovery Partition, my OS Partition, and a SYSTEM Partition. But it wouldnn't show my Partiontion I created for OSx86. Does my partition look right?

3cc37ce0981ff30eefdfd02a73cee141.png

I'm having trouble understanding why you're asking that question - my amazing powers of observation tells me that you already know the answer.

Take a photo and attach it here.

Unless - you really aren't talking about Apple Disk Utility.

In that case as I said, there is nothing wrong with the above screenshot. Your partition is "unallocated" and therefore is doesn't show on the list, it is not a volume, it has no type, filesystem, status, capacity etc etc, because it is "unallocated". All this information is right there in your screenshot.

Disk Utility is in the Tools menu on your OS X install DVD, you're supposed to run it before starting the installation and format or partition your install target.