DSDT for Dell Studio 1555

leo90

22 posts in this topic

Hi! I am searching the proper dsdt patched for Dell studio 1555 with Intel core 2 DUO and Ati mob 4570. I would be able to enable sleep and wake and the proper Audio recognition

Thanks

Strange thing: laptop fall to sleep, but after 2 sec it turns on. Audio doesn't work natively but it isn't a problem because I use VoodooHDA. When i sent you my files i Had already patched DSDT with your autopatcher, is it a problem?

Strange thing: laptop fall to sleep, but after 2 sec it turns on. Audio doesn't work natively but it isn't a problem because I use VoodooHDA. When i sent you my files i Had already patched DSDT with your autopatcher, is it a problem?

run on terminal

grep Wake /var/log/kernel.log

you know any audio codec that works natively?

Hmmm :(

run on terminal

grep Wake /var/log/kernel.log

you know any audio codec that works natively?

Hmmm :(

You are rigth :) However I have used the command but anything change: the lappy stops but after 2 sec it turns on

On my Dell Inspiron 1720, it was VoodooHDA.kext that prevented sleep. I have the STAC9205 audio card and found a FakeSTAC9205.kext that allows me to use the AppleHDA1062.kext, that does not interfere with sleep function. I suspect you do not have a DSDT problem with sleep. Try removing the VoodooHDA.kext temporarily and see if you get sleep to work. BTW, even with the VoodooHDA.kext, you may be able to get deep sleep to work. Try opening terminal and type: sudo pmset hibernatemode 1 After that, you system should go into hibernation when you try to put it to sleep. It takes longer to wake from sleep but at least for me, the system state is saved to my hard drive and then shuts down completely.

On my Dell Inspiron 1720, it was VoodooHDA.kext that prevented sleep. I have the STAC9205 audio card and found a FakeSTAC9205.kext that allows me to use the AppleHDA1062.kext, that does not interfere with sleep function. I suspect you do not have a DSDT problem with sleep. Try removing the VoodooHDA.kext temporarily and see if you get sleep to work. BTW, even with the VoodooHDA.kext, you may be able to get deep sleep to work. Try opening terminal and type: sudo pmset hibernatemode 1 After that, you system should go into hibernation when you try to put it to sleep. It takes longer to wake from sleep but at least for me, the system state is saved to my hard drive and then shuts down completely.

With yout instructions the laptop fall asleep in ibernation mode, but when I power on it doesn't return how I have left it

With yout instructions the laptop fall asleep in ibernation mode, but when I power on it doesn't return how I have left it

Well, you established that it was the VoodooHDA.kext that was waking your laptop from sleep. I'm not sure if it is actually going to sleep. Does the fan stop and the power LED go out when you put it into hibernatemode 1? It may be that your laptop is not actually sleeping, just hanging when you try to put it to sleep. If it hangs in hibernatemode 1, try putting it into hibernatemode 0 and see if you have the same problem. I have a buddy with the same laptop as me and his laptop gets hibernatemode 0 to work but not modes 1 and 3. Mine gets all 3 modes but when I use modes 0 and 3, I lose my internal USB devices until I reboot.

I have the same model laptop you can check my sig, try my dsdt.aml and apphda.kext attached and remove voodoohda.kext from your system. Might help you.

Cheers ;)

Thanks also for your help.

NEWS: With your DSDT I am able to enable ibernation (sleep works only for many seconds and then the laptop wakes up). But Audio doesn't work with your kext and if I reinstall voodooHDA with your dsdt the kernel panics. If I use Madlon's DSDT ibernation works well (no sleep anyway) also with VoodooHDA installed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...