Dell Inspiron 1525 Sleep Help.

Hack24

4 posts in this topic

I have a problem with a dell inspiron 1525 with the 1280x800 screen resolution. I can't get a good working sleep on the machine. I have tried many dsdt's and none will work. I need help. I can upload the dsdts if you want. I can't figure it out. Please help me.

I would suggest checking out Daily Blogged. They have extensive guides on the 1525. Although I can tell you they use the standard sleepenabler.kext that can be modified with the pmversion-xx boot flag. Not sure why you are having such issues. You might try a clean install using their instructions. I have installed with both Macyourpc and with the Daily Blogged method (currently using Daily Blogged) and both used the same sleep enabler.

I would suggest checking out Daily Blogged. They have extensive guides on the 1525. Although I can tell you they use the standard sleepenabler.kext that can be modified with the pmversion-xx boot flag. Not sure why you are having such issues. You might try a clean install using their instructions. I have installed with both Macyourpc and with the Daily Blogged method (currently using Daily Blogged) and both used the same sleep enabler.

See i tried daily blogged but their sleep enabler caused a kernel panic and so did iatkos s3 v2.

However I have gotten a almost perfect machine except for sleep. I used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, for the retail one like dailybloggeds but it wouldnt boot up from the disc and the keyboard would stop wroking so i would've had to use a usb keyboard.