Computer Hangs after POST

anomaly

4 posts in this topic

After installing 10.4.6 (JaS install) I cannot get beyond a POST screen on my computer. I've "customized" my install and have included the following;

-Combo update

-AMDbasesystem

-AMD SSE3 (cpu is a 3200+ venice core)

-V1.2 AMD Decrypt files (don't remember the name, starts with a J)

and I've tried installing with basically the same options but did not include the combo update, same results.

In the picture the red line underlines the HD I'm using to install onto. This is where my computer hangs:

1080042145_l.jpg

To boot OSX I use my mobo's built-in boot selection menu, and select to boot off of the PATA HD with OSX on it, this has worked for me before with 10.4.3.

I know lots of ppl have had issues of continous rebooting but I didn't find anybody with this problem. Any ideas? I've had 10.4.3 working on the same machine but different HD (shouldn't matter both are PATA), but never had this problem. Thanks for the help.

No suggestions eh? :construction: I'm currently getting 10.4.7 and hope to have better luck with that install. If that doesn't work I may need to look at getting a different "distro" of OSX, since I can't figure out what would be the cause of such a hang.