InsanelyMac Forum
pcace

Update Lion Dev. Prev. to Full Version?

Hi,

has anyone an idea wether it will be possible to update Lion Developer Preview to the full version without trouble when it will be released?

What was it like when snow leopard came out?

Thanks,

Pcace

Advertisement
Hi,

has anyone an idea wether it will be possible to update Lion Developer Preview to the full version without trouble when it will be released?

What was it like when snow leopard came out?

Thanks,

Pcace

It almost certainly won't be. You should expect to install Lion from scratch for the final release. It's always been like that. Developers don't mind because it's worth it to get an idea of what the new release of OS X will be like.

Sometimes as part of testing a Developer Preview Apple will make software updates available for it. But there has never been an update to convert a preview to the final release, and I'm pretty sure there has also never been an update to convert a developer preview to the next one.

grrr... doesn't sound nice but I guess you'll be right.

Just as I thought DP2 is running fine, LAN + graphics + audio all working.

Yea, would be great to install 200MB DP3 update and then 500MB update to Lion GM.

Are you guys coming over from Windows? Apple has always done it this way...no update "into" a final release ever. And with the migration tool, it's very easy to move things around, files, programs, etc.

Apple has always done it this way...no update "into" a final release ever.

That was the Question! Im using MacOS and MacOSX for nearly 10 years now, but i never tried a Developer Version....

But Thanks for your Response!!

Pcace