Resolving VGA issue: GeForce 6600 GT vs 10.6.7 in 64 Bit mode

4 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I'm not new to the community but posting rarely yet I'm following OSX86 project since 10.4.7 I think.

So now I'm facing a problem which the only solution could be the Graphics card replacement. Yet I consider those forum members very experienced and eagerly wanting to help. So basically now I introduce you to my problem:

I installed 10.6.7 in 64 Bit mode. It runs with dsdt.aml I created back for 10.5.8 installation. In 10.5.8 my Graphics card NVidia GeForce 6600 GT 128 mb worked flawlessly. However running 10.6.7 in 64Bit for the first time I experienced the blue screen after booting. So basically my dsdt.aml VGA insertion doesn't worked. So I made an EFI string insertion in com.apple.Boot.plist under <key>device-properties</key>. And this way I even was able to boot OSX 10.6.7 in 64 Bit mode. But when I attempt to install Logic Pro software it writes me that "this system has only 0 MB of VRAM" and doesn't allow to pass to the installation procedure. Also slow minimizing of windows work with noticeable graphic glitches. For me it means the one thing that my Graphics card doesn't installed properly.

What I've also tried is NVEnabler and tonymacx86 NVidia update without any success.

Here is my dsdt file:

dsdt.aml.zip

Please take a look on it and tell if there is something wrong with VGA insertion there. I don't know any other method to enable GeForce 6600 GT working except of what I've already tried and it seems it's all possible OSX86 solutions.

So do I need to replace the VGA card to a newer one then?

I'm really looking forward for your help!

Best Regards,

Ruslan

Try booting in 32-bit mode, there's probably no 64-bit support for 6xxx series cards - 64-bit support for 7xxx series cards was canned in 10.6.3.

Read this too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1668118

We have a ton of posts here already about Logic only seeing 0MB video RAM, try using the forum search.

Try booting in 32-bit mode, there's probably no 64-bit support for 6xxx series cards - 64-bit support for 7xxx series cards was canned in 10.6.3.

Read this too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1668118

We have a ton of posts here already about Logic only seeing 0MB video RAM, try using the forum search.

Thanks for your reply Gringo Vermelho I'm really happy to hear some response on my problem. However I've already tried to boot in 32 Bit mode with the same result. I'm also saw those topics you are talking about and there was no solution to it. I'm wonder if one can look in my dsdt.aml for graphic insertion string and probably find a solution there.