First Time for OSx86

TechDudeGeorge

4 posts in this topic

Right, I have some time to spare, and want to try out Hackintosh... I'm bored of Windows. I want to try it, but I am not advanced in it and have got different advice for it. But need a full guide for my computer.

Computer - HP G60 - 115EM

Specs-

Intel® Pentium® dual core processor T3200

3072 MB ;(1 × 1024 MB + 1 × 2048 MB)

160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

15.6" Single channel LVDS HD BrightView

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Up to 1277 MB Total Available Graphics Memory

Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with

Double Layer support

802.11b/g WLAN

Webcam with integrated microphone

5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure

Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick,

Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

Ethernet -Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Enternet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

WiFi - Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter

Graphics - Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

___

I heard I can use iAKTOS or something similar and my WiFi will work straight off, but then I have to use Kexts and everything. Setting up the bootloader etc... Any newbie guides? Also if possible, I'd like one for Snow Leopard/Lion as I feel like trying out the App Store.

Are you for real? No-one is going to write a full guide for you.

If you don't want to do any research on your own, get a retail Snow Leopard install DVD and then blindly try various boot CDs until you find one that works with your hardware.

The only thing you have to do research on now is boot CDs. There's a lot of them out there.

Use a CD-RW so you don't have to throw CDs away.

Everybody has to use kexts and a boot loader, there is no way around it. There is no turnkey solution that someone cooked up just for newbies who don't like to read, experiment and try to understand how things work.

If you want it to be easy, then buy a Mac.

Are you for real? No-one is going to write a full guide for you.

If you don't want to do any research on your own, get a retail Snow Leopard install DVD and then blindly try various boot CDs until you find one that works with your hardware.

The only thing you have to do research on now is boot CDs. There's a lot of them out there.

Use a CD-RW so you don't have to throw CDs away.

Everybody has to use kexts and a boot loader, there is no way around it. There is no turnkey solution that someone cooked up just for newbies who don't like to read, experiment and try to understand how things work.

If you want it to be easy, then buy a Mac.

I don't want a full full guide. I just want help, many others just tell me I need kexts and that's it. I have no idea what I do after I get the disk to boot. What I select for it to install, as it's different for everyone and I'm likely to mess it up. And I would, if I had the money. I'm fine with experimenting and I'll read. It's just many places I have been just summerize it, leaving me clueless.

All I know so far is, get a bootable disk.. get to the install part. But when it gets to the driver part, I'm stumped.