HDMI on XPS m1530 UPDATE

5 posts in this topic

alright, i have searched through and through this forum and plenty others and this one seems to be the most knowledgeable. i have been through all the posts with xps m1530 and used their DSDT's and ROM's and yadda yadda...

UPDATE: so it seems HDMI to a DVI monitor works, unfortunately my tv only has HDMI and i still cant get that to work.

Question: this may seem kind of dumb, but could i use a hdmi to dvi then a dvi to hdmi to connect to the TV?

Problem: every time i plug in to the HDMI port it freezes the computer, under my audio settings HDMI is listed, i have tried selecting that and plugging it in and it still freezes, i have tried all the selections possible under [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with no prevail.

Software

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Snow Leopard 10.6.7

specs:

Dell Xps m1530

Ge Force 8600m

4 gig ram

what am i doing wrong! i know i can't be the only one, i have read of other people having success, but i am not. Any information needed i will provide. i LOVE using mac on my PC it runs smooth i have audio, track-pad, WiFi, Bluetooth and even fingerprint reader, just not HDMI out. :)

should i roll back to another version of SNOW LEOPARD or when i tried to originally boot OSX during instillation it froze too? i am do not want to touch my DSDT's on my own but i do have access to it and understand how to copy and paste someone else, i do know how to use the com.apple.bootliist, and smbios.plist

• 4 weeks later...
<br />alright, i have searched through and through this forum and plenty others and this one seems to be the most knowledgeable. i have been through all the posts with xps m1530 and used their DSDT's and ROM's and yadda yadda...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hy Blackops I'm in your same situation, I've tryed also other ways to make HDMI output working with no success at all!!

I've used NVIDIA.ROM but the ony effect is avoiding the freeze, but it broke the sound...

Hope some forum guru find out how to make this great PC work as a perfect MAC machine... :-)

P.S.

Apologises for my bad english

• 3 months later...

Any solution found for this yet? I have exactly the same Problem.... :rolleyes:

M1530

3GB Ram

T8100 C2D

8600GTM

OSX Lion 10.7

When the PC freezes the Music running in iTunes is still playing, only Graphics freeze.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ther answer to the old question: in theory hdmi dvi dvi hdmi should work.

No solutions to HDMI aside from 1 that i saw yet it wouldnt yet work for lion.

Last but not least; the solution breakes many other things, it wasn't a real solution...

so no luck from atm go with DVI or VGA