AGPM on Fermi laptop

oldnapalm

27 posts in this topic

I got an Asus N53JQ laptop with nVidia GeForce GT 425M 1 GB video.

Using stock AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext video is very laggy.

Without AGPM video is smooth, but as expected, the laptop runs hot all the time, even idling.

If I add the card's ID (0x0df0) in AGPM, it works fine, with low temps idling and good performance in games.

In AGPM I see some cards have values for Threshold_High and Threshold_Low, while others also have Threshold_High_v and Threshold_Low_v.

For my card, if I add the "_v" thresholds I have mouse lags at certain moments, like when FireFox is rendering a page. Also when an animation is run for the first time (like clicking the applications folder in dock) it's laggy, but if it's run again, next times it's smooth.

I'm running 10.6.7 with latest Fermi drivers (256.01.00f03v7 from 2011.03.22).

Does anyone know/guess what are those "_v" thresholds, or have any information about what values are recommended for each card?

Thanks.

Hi, can you say me where in AGPM you put your Card ID?

I have GTX 285 and runs very very slow.

Thanks and sorry for my english

• 1 month later...

I got an Asus N53JQ laptop with nVidia GeForce GT 425M 1 GB video.

Using stock AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext video is very laggy.

Without AGPM video is smooth, but as expected, the laptop runs hot all the time, even idling.

If I add the card's ID (0x0df0) in AGPM, it works fine, with low temps idling and good performance in games.

In AGPM I see some cards have values for Threshold_High and Threshold_Low, while others also have Threshold_High_v and Threshold_Low_v.

For my card, if I add the "_v" thresholds I have mouse lags at certain moments, like when FireFox is rendering a page. Also when an animation is run for the first time (like clicking the applications folder in dock) it's laggy, but if it's run again, next times it's smooth.

I'm running 10.6.7 with latest Fermi drivers (256.01.00f03v7 from 2011.03.22).

Does anyone know/guess what are those "_v" thresholds, or have any information about what values are recommended for each card?

Thanks.

Maybe write a manual for installing LION on the ASUS N53JQ? Thank you!