problems with iatkos 10.6.3

drako69

4 posts in this topic

Hi forum, I am here with a big headache. I've been trying to install Iatkos 10.6.3 on my intel p5kpl-cm and have tried all alternatives but with the same results: Boots after install but hangs on apple logo. I was sussesfull installing 10.5.7 with the exception of lan and audio. I love this system and having both windows an apple together is like dying and going to heaven so can anyone please shed some light?

Here are my specs:

Motherboard p5kpl-cm

Northbridge intel P35/G31/revision 10

Southbridge intel 82801 GB(ICH7) rev 10

CPU Pentium Pentium dual core 3.0 Ghz

Ram 2x Kingston 2G UDIMM DDR2

Hard drive 1T 3 partitions, windows7 Media Mac OS X ST310000528AS SATA

DVD Pioneer DVD RW

Hitachi DVD-RW

LG USB DVD-RW

Ps2 keyboard/USB Mouse

Graphics Nvidia 7300LE

Lan Atheros connection AR8113

Thanks to all who reply and kudos to all

Hi forum, I am here with a big headache. I've been trying to install Iatkos 10.6.3 on my intel p5kpl-cm and have tried all alternatives but with the same results: Boots after install but hangs on apple logo. I was sussesfull installing 10.5.7 with the exception of lan and audio. I love this system and having both windows an apple together is like dying and going to heaven so can anyone please shed some light?

Here are my specs:

Motherboard p5kpl-cm

Northbridge intel P35/G31/revision 10

Southbridge intel 82801 GB(ICH7) rev 10

CPU Pentium Pentium dual core 3.0 Ghz

Ram 2x Kingston 2G UDIMM DDR2

Hard drive 1T 3 partitions, windows7 Media Mac OS X ST310000528AS SATA

DVD Pioneer DVD RW

Hitachi DVD-RW

LG USB DVD-RW

Ps2 keyboard/USB Mouse

Graphics Nvidia 7300LE

Lan Atheros connection AR8113

Thanks to all who reply and kudos to all

When you reach boot loader, before pressing enter on your drive, type "-v" without speechmarks and then press enter. It should stop, and display some text, take a picture and repost here.

When you reach boot loader, before pressing enter on your drive, type "-v" without speechmarks and then press enter. It should stop, and display some text, take a picture and repost here.

Update:

I was able to finally (almost) successfully install 10.6.3 following these specs found in the forum:

Bootloader Chameleon rev RC4

Bootloader options: Graphic enabler, all usb check, UUID

Modified Kernels: PCJ

Patches: sleep enabler

Sata/Ida: intel sata/ida

sound: Voodoo, uncheck apple (think big mistake since no sound now)

Vga-nvidia-efi string DVA/VGA (here lies another problem I got past the grey screen with the apple logo but got stuck on blue screen, found that by hiting -x on chameleon you go into safe mode and presto was able to boot into beautiful apple 10.6.3 bit blurry but it's a big step from the headaches I have had for the last 4 days lol)

enablers: NV enabler

So now I need help fixing the video and audio problems I have nvidia 7300LE, and on board via sound I read you can patch it but where can go to do this?

Thanks again for the help and I hope these settings can help someone too.

So now I need help fixing the video and audio problems I have nvidia 7300LE

There is no 64-bit support for Geforce 7xxx cards from 10.6.3 and up.

The reason why they yanked the code is probably that there are no Geforce 7 series cards for Macs with 64-bit EFI firmware.

You must boot in 32-bit kernel and drivers mode (add arch=i386 under kernel flags in your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist), or you can use graphics drivers and framework from 10.6.2. If you wish to use the files from 10.6.2 there are posts here with more details on the subject, google or use the forum search to find them.

32- vs. 64-bit mode does not mean the same on OS X as it does in Windows. Make an informed choice - read this:

http://osxbook.com/blog/2009/08/31/is-your...ow-leopard-k64/

If I were you, I would stick to 32-bit kernel and drivers mode so I could use the latest available nvidia drivers.