Determining Kexts for installation

5 posts in this topic

I have Googled multiple times to find a guide or anything else to help me determine which kexts to install for Snow Leopard. If possible, I would like some direction as to where I should look to find my needed kexts. Any help would be appreciated! :P

Also, I just wanted to say that if you guys have any instructions, I (and possibly many others) would appreciate if they were ambiguous for any user and their varying parts. ;)

Thanks,

Mitch

I have Googled multiple times to find a guide or anything else to help me determine which kexts to install for Snow Leopard. If possible, I would like some direction as to where I should look to find my needed kexts. Any help would be appreciated!

You should install the kernel extensions that are needed in order for your hardware to work. The only kernel extension that everybody needs is fakesmc.kext, the rest depends on what hardware you have. All the kernel extensions you need are available for download here on InsanelyMac, ProjectOSX and probably a few other hackintosh scene forums.

Also, I just wanted to say that if you guys have any instructions, I (and possibly many others) would appreciate if they were ambiguous for any user and their varying parts.

That's simply not possible, every PC is different and require different tweaks to run OS X properly.

You should install the kernel extensions that are needed in order for your hardware to work. The only kernel extension that everybody needs is fakesmc.kext, the rest depends on what hardware you have. All the kernel extensions you need are available for download here on InsanelyMac, ProjectOSX and probably a few other hackintosh scene forums.

That's simply not possible, every PC is different and require different tweaks to run OS X properly.

Is there any database or anyway site that displays all of the kexts required for each part? Or any way to find out what is needed for my hardware other than googling and trying for five hours a day to get an answer?

Hmm... :angel: