kalyway 10.5.2 wont start

Premius

2 posts in this topic

hey i have a problem to start Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway,

I have success installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my External USB Hard drive

But evertime when i try to start i only see this screen. ;).

I have a Asus Pro50VL Laptop. For more information, ask.

Foto1359.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

You should post your hardware specs when asking for help. Otherwise only the four people who are familiar with the Asus Pro50VL will be able to help you, and chances are good that none of those four people will ever see your post. To the rest of us, your Asus Pro50VL might as well be a waffle iron.

This means that for someone to help you, given the information you have provided, they would have to google first to find out what you are talking about. And the reality is that nobody will do that because it feels like "work". And nobody here gets paid.

Much in the same vein "For more information, ask" is not a good way to start a dialog with someone who might be able to help. It's better to include as much information as you can in your first post, this way it is easier to help you, and you should always make it easy to help you. If people get the impression that they have to drag information out of you they will ignore your post.

When taking photos of a reflective surface (such as a computer monitor) always turn off the camera flash and use an indirect light source!

You can attach images to your post here, there is no need to use external popup- and spyware-ridden hosting services such as the one you are using. Click 'Edit' and use the full editor to attach images and other files.

With that out of the way;

Kalyway 10.5.2 is three years old and employs antiquated and obsolete hacks and patches to install and run on a variety of PC hardware. Kalyway was great three years ago but the scene moves very fast and today there are much better solutions available for those who are interested in getting OS X running on non-Apple hardware.

Sometimes these old distros work well on old hardware (+3 years old, Pentium 4 etc etc) but if you're using something more modern you should install something modern, or if you need 10.5.x for some reason, at least use a modern install method. Even if you could get it to boot and install, there's nobody around anymore who remembers all the quirks and bugs on old hacked distro DVDs like Kalyway, so if something breaks you're on your own, wading through 3 year old forum posts like a maniac to find out how to fix it.

Therefore:

Try a Snow Leopard (or Leopard) retail DVD + suitable boot CD or USB flash drive booter.

You can use Disk Utility on a real Mac (or working Hackintosh) to prepare your external USB drive.

Format the drive with GUID partition table and create a 9GB partition (can be anywhere on the drive) and another partition for the installation itself. Use the restore function in Disk Utility to 'restore' the retail install DVD to the ~9 GB partition on the HDD. It should be obvious how to do this once you're looking at Disk Utility.

Then try different boot CDs/flash drive solutions until you find one that can boot your retail partition. There are many different ones available such as [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], myhack, nawcom, EmpireEFI, hackboot etc etc.