Removal of Nullcpupowermanagement.kext

MiniHack

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is basically an appeal to see if anyone out there has ideas that will help. The attached DSDt files are a vanilla DSDT from my Vostro and one that includes various standard fixes.

I have tried all I can think of in the last months to enable the removal of the disabler kext (obviously I'd like speedstep and sleep!) but have reached a dead end. The "standard" fixes for HPET have not been any help as they always give a KP based on the power management kext whenever I try to boot with out NullCPU...kext.

If anyone can spot a solution it'd be very much appreciated by me and my fellow Vostro 3xxx owners.

Thanks for any ideas.

DSDTs_Vostro_3xxx.zip

• 2 weeks later...
try it

dsdt.MiniHack.zip

missing some patches

if it works well

finish the service

KP is No HPETs available???

Thanks MaLd0n,

Unfortunately no change. The KP is not "No HPETs available", but is the "general protection registers" KP with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext being the kext in the backtrace.

If it might help then I'll take a picture of the KP. All the normal HPET fixes etc. that are out there are not effective in this case. If you have any more ideas though I am absolutely willing to try anything! For some reason this defies all attempts at allowing removal of the null...kext.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Got a Dell N5010 R15 (HM57 - 740QM + HD5650) the vanilla DSDT is very similar to yours for the scope PR.

On Lion 10.7.1 I I I manage to install a vanilla OSX patching wit speestep http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611

I boot without sleep enabler and null CPUPM, however my cpuis is always on max frequency amd overheats.

i tried modifiing the ssdt with your cpu definition, but no luck with the speedsteps.

I extracted under linux the ssdt and 2 extra ssdt tables, tried to boot with it in extra but no luck.