Edit DSDT for HDMI Audio on 5770

Ebes1099

13 posts in this topic

I have attempted to edit my DSDT to allow for HDMI audio on my Sapphire 5770 and can't quite get it to work. I am using the DSDT Patcher from InsanelyMac to extract and patch my DSDT. Then it creates the text file of the DSDT for you to edit. I put the code in but I can't compile. It actually looks like it hits an error the first time it extracts it because I never get the .aml file in my folder either.

Here is the dsdt_fixed.txt file I edited with the HDMI Audio code. 1 interesting point is that I found a topic where someone added this under Device (PGEP) and another where it was under Device (PCI0) so I'm not sure which one to do. Not that I can get it to compile anyway. Here's where I think the error might be.

./dsdt_fixed.txt 8342: Store (And (Arg1, 0xFFFF), _T_1)

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (_T_1)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 14195 lines, 467142 bytes, 6288 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 7 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 78 Optimizations

dsdt_fixed.txt

Ahh so you left me some work? Nice. Any advice as if I'm supposed to make those HDMI Audio changes in the Device (PGEP) section or the Device(PCI0) section?

look at the ioreg

ioreg -fl

GPU

That doesn't tell me much. I'm sure you're trying to be vague because you don't want to do it for me, but I've never done this before and I don't really have a great grasp on editing DSDT's yet.

I've read through countless posts on here and still can't do it. Seems like some people use that DSDT_Patcher, but when I do that I don't get the .aml file, and I can't compile the edited dsd_fixed.txt. (I don't understand this code, ./iasl -ta ../Debug/dsdt_fixed.txt) since it doesn't recognize that command when I type it in. I must be missing something there) On that same note, I can't decompile the .aml you've supplied for me here so I can't edit it. So as of right now I'm pretty much stuck.

I'm sure you've probably explained this in painstaking detail multiple times and you're frustrated with it, so if you know of a better guide that you can point me to that would be nice. The 5770 HDMI Audio thread on here is 57+ pages long and I haven't exactly read every post so maybe I'm not finding the right spot yet.

That doesn't tell me much. I'm sure you're trying to be vague because you don't want to do it for me, but I've never done this before and I don't really have a great grasp on editing DSDT's yet.

I've read through countless posts on here and still can't do it. Seems like some people use that DSDT_Patcher, but when I do that I don't get the .aml file, and I can't compile the edited dsd_fixed.txt. (I don't understand this code, ./iasl -ta ../Debug/dsdt_fixed.txt) since it doesn't recognize that command when I type it in. I must be missing something there) On that same note, I can't decompile the .aml you've supplied for me here so I can't edit it. So as of right now I'm pretty much stuck.

I'm sure you've probably explained this in painstaking detail multiple times and you're frustrated with it, so if you know of a better guide that you can point me to that would be nice. The 5770 HDMI Audio thread on here is 57+ pages long and I haven't exactly read every post so maybe I'm not finding the right spot yet.

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

and patch for apply

Now I broke everything. Since it didn't look like the DSDT_Patcher was extracting the right file when I ran it I went into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and selected user dsdt and ran it. Originally I did a setup using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Well I tried that and it installed and ran DSDT Patcher again but I still didn't get the .aml file and it still showed 1 error. I can't seem to figure out how to enter the command line arguments for forcing compile, or even getting it to compile/decompile in general. I don't have a lot of experience working in dos.

So I think I'm just going to have to do a fresh install of os x since i'm pretty sure I messed it all up now.

Now I broke everything. Since it didn't look like the DSDT_Patcher was extracting the right file when I ran it I went into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and selected user dsdt and ran it. Originally I did a setup using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Well I tried that and it installed and ran DSDT Patcher again but I still didn't get the .aml file and it still showed 1 error. I can't seem to figure out how to enter the command line arguments for forcing compile, or even getting it to compile/decompile in general. I don't have a lot of experience working in dos.

So I think I'm just going to have to do a fresh install of os x since i'm pretty sure I messed it all up now.

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

and patch for apply

• 2 months later...
I have attempted to edit my DSDT to allow for HDMI audio on my Sapphire 5770 and can't quite get it to work. I am using the DSDT Patcher from InsanelyMac to extract and patch my DSDT. Then it creates the text file of the DSDT for you to edit. I put the code in but I can't compile. It actually looks like it hits an error the first time it extracts it because I never get the .aml file in my folder either.

Here is the dsdt_fixed.txt file I edited with the HDMI Audio code. 1 interesting point is that I found a topic where someone added this under Device (PGEP) and another where it was under Device (PCI0) so I'm not sure which one to do. Not that I can get it to compile anyway. Here's where I think the error might be.

./dsdt_fixed.txt 8342: Store (And (Arg1, 0xFFFF), _T_1)

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (_T_1)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 14195 lines, 467142 bytes, 6288 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 7 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 78 Optimizations

Read this