Highpoint Rocket Raid 620

boss351

4 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new here but here is my situation: I just installed a Highpoint Rocket Raid 620 followed their instructions and I was able to create a raid and it seems to read and write to the raid that I created. But if I go into system profiler and look under pci cards the only pci card that shows up is my video card not the raid card. it does however show up under parallel scsi. The other odd thing is that during boot up after the bios for the card it flashes "Warning: Have option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID 1B4Bh, Device ID 91A4h)" any ideas? am I loosing some of the functionality of the card. what can I do to get rid of the message

Thanks

Rob

My system is an H55-usb3 with an I5, 8 gig ram, siig FW800 PCI-e card and a GT240 Nvidia I'm also running in 64 bit mode

Welcome

I can't help with the error message but my silicon image 3132 also only show as a parallel scsi device in system profiler. It works just fine!

I presume you've installed the highpoint drivers in OS X?

And did you create the RAID in BIOS or in OS X?

D

yes I installed the highpoint drivers, and created the raid in bios

Not use rocket raid before (couldn't justify the expense :( ) but I guess there is a GUI for OS X?

Try setting up your RAID in the GUI rather than BIOS. I had some problems with my mirrored RAID when I created it in BIOS.

D