A8N-SLI Deluxe sound works ...

2 posts in this topic

Hi

First sorry about my bad englisch.

Second thx for osx86. This is a creat project.

I've installed mac os x 10.4.6 hotiso and it was nice to see that the installation is much more easy than i thought . Everything works fine, except 2 Problems.

1. onboard nForce lan

2. onboard sound

1. After a little looking at this nice forum i've found a solution for the network problem (forcedeth).

2. But i did't found any solution to make my sound working. I've tried to fix it by following this installation guide. But it did not work. So what have i done that it works right know? Simple! I've made an BIOS UPDATE from 1016 to version 1017.004. After restart i've set the bios to defaults and disabled only the thinks i don't need (marvel lan, second sata controller). When the system was loaded i've seen the small speaker at the top. Woah i thought - nice. First i did was starting itunes to test. YES i can hear musik.

- So try a bios update maybe this works for you too!

Cu spacemandb

Ps.: I hope you can understand my english! :(

I was kinda surprised to see the title, because I had a8n-sli deluxe (that I stupidly sold because x2's were way too expensive just a couple months ago and I bought a Pentium D instead) and sound always worked with 10.4.1 and 10.4.5 otob.

this is a great mobo btw, I miss it every day, it hits htt300+ easy... I wish I had more to spend on an Opty dual-core couple months ago.

note to self : sell current rig, buy an A8N-SLI Deluxe/Premium + Opty 165 along with fast ddr memory...