Anyone else had this problem?

zeroRPGmaker

3 posts in this topic

The Problem

Trying to install SL (obviously) on my AMD machine (checkout specs at bottom) using nawcom's ModCD to boot up a retail copy of SL (10.6.0), and it always goes into kernel panic.

What happens is after the swap before the apple installation screen appears, and things are being loaded, the screen will eventually start spitting out (note: the ... just means that it continues on in that fashion):

disk 3s3 I/O error
		 SAM multimedia read and write failed SENSE_REY=0x06, ASC=0x29, ASC=0x29...

It'll do this for awhile, and then throw in a few kernel panics and freeze

Everything loads fine previous to the above except right before I get all the SAM messages I get the message

BootcacheControl</em>: <em>could not unlink playlist</em> /var/db/BootCache.playlist32: Read-only file system

What I tried

I tried Nawcom's ModCD, BootCD, and just plan old chameleon, and all end in the same result.

Also tried booting with -x PCIRootUID=1

I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem? I feel like I'm missing something really stupid (like the time I thought my PSU died only to find out I tripped on the cord and it was unplugged).

Specs

AMD Phenom X4 II 955

MSI 870A-G54 AM3

2x 2Gig G-Skill Ram

1Gig GeForce GTS 250

3 Tb SATA HD

1 LITE-ON 4X BD-ROM 8X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA

All SATA set to run in AHCI

Using retail SL (10.6.0), and the disc works fine (used it to install SL on 2 macs)

SAM multimedia read and write failed SENSE_REY=0x06, ASC=0x29, ASC=0x29...

There is a read error on your install DVD. You would have known this already if you had typed "SAM multimedia" into the search before posting.

Try burning a copy to DVD-R at the slowest speed supported by burner and media.

There is a read error on your install DVD. You would have known this already if you had typed "SAM multimedia" into the search before posting.

Try burning a copy to DVD-R at the slowest speed supported by burner and media.

Yeah I know that's what you get when you search for SAM multimedia (trust I've done that), but whats bugging me is that I'm using a legit retail SL copy, which I confirms works when trying to boot it up on my mac.

The DVD drive also works because I've used it recently to install Win 7. What I'm really wondering is if anyone else has had this problem with a legit retail copy of SL.

I'm going to try and boot off a USB, and hopefully that will fix the problem.