Refresh Rate Problem

dark.developer

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

EveryBody

Actually I am a newbie,

I have installed Mac OSX86 10.4.6 (by Jas) succesfully. My problem is that I can't adjust the monitor's refresh rate.

Computer Model: HP Pavilion 511i

Chipset: Intel® 845G chipset family

Memory Controller: 82845G/GE/GL/GV

I/O Controller: 82801DB (ICH4)

Integrated Graphics: Intel® 82845 graphics controller (32 MB)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz

Monitor Specs:

Model: HP m703 (17")

Vertical Frequency: 50 - 140 Hz

Horizontal Frequency: 30 - 70 kHz

Preset Graphic Modes:

640 X 480 @ 60, 75, 85Hz

720 x 400 @ 70Hz

800 x 600 @ 75, 85Hz

1024 x 768 @ 75, 85Hz

1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz

PS: I DON'T ANY OTHER GRAPHICS CARD!!!

The current computer resolution is 1024 x 768(60 Hz) its hurting the eyes badly that one cant stand it for 10 minutes, I tried to change the rfresh rate but the "System Preferences -> Display -> Refresh Rate" says "n/a".

?? Can I change my display resolution to 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Note: I consulted "Rhapsody Guru" in the forum he said that I can't change my display resolution as I am using VESA drivers and in order to do so I have to install a Graphics Library called "Xorg".

?? Can anyone tell me how can one install such library and use it on Mac.

?? It would be very nice and useful if someone post a GENERAL post regrading this issue so that newbie like me shouldn't become hopeless, heartless and helpless when they face the same problem. The post should contain all the problem faced with ongoing graphics card and graphics drivers available.

Thanks in advance.

dont know what to tell you just be happy it works. if you want it to darn bad have you considered buying a macintel? or, buy another video card. im on a laptop im not asking for any more help with my refresh rate issue because. Its UNSOLVABLE, and I deal with it :D and so should you dont worry be happy. Just like the song says.