Mac osx on Dell Latitude E5400

Tomsah

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

i have installed OSx on dell Latitude E5400 running but with out the internal Mouse and keyboard, however external do. what kext should i load so the K/M will work perfectly. And please help with kext for Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN, i am most appreciated. Thanks

I just want to add, i installed iAtkos 10.6.3, thanks to this team for their great job.

When you ran Iatkos did you install ApplePS2 or VoodooPS2? If no, that's your problem.

I recently did a dell inspiron and the best way to do this after the fact (because every voodoo PS2 I downloaded from the internet seemed to have some problems with the update) was run iatkos 10.5.7 install disk. Deselect every option except for Voodoo PS2 with trackpad plugin (this legacy versions works great on dells)

before you do this it's best to remove applesPS2nub, applePS2keyboard and applePS2trackpad from System/Library/Extensions, if they exist

or /Extra/Extensions if they exist.

good luck

-wobbly

When you ran Iatkos did you install ApplePS2 or VoodooPS2? If no, that's your problem.

I recently did a dell inspiron and the best way to do this after the fact (because every voodoo PS2 I downloaded from the internet seemed to have some problems with the update) was run iatkos 10.5.7 install disk. Deselect every option except for Voodoo PS2 with trackpad plugin (this legacy versions works great on dells)

before you do this it's best to remove applesPS2nub, applePS2keyboard and applePS2trackpad from System/Library/Extensions, if they exist

or /Extra/Extensions if they exist.

good luck

-wobbly

Thanks Wobbly, VoodooPS2 solve my problem, now i can see them running over nicely , thanks a lot and i appreciated, how voting mechanism works here? because i really want to vote for you !! :unsure:

Thanks Wobbly, VoodooPS2 solve my problem, now i can see them running over nicely , thanks a lot and i appreciated, how voting mechanism works here? because i really want to vote for you !! :thumbsup_anim:

I have another case and i don't know whether to open new thread or continue here !!

But let us assume this post for help Latitude E5400 from scratch.

Oh well, now OSX works only with BIOS option to set the SATA operation as AHCI not ATA, any explanations to this, knowing that windows will works only on ATA just in case to keep the old windows still around.

Thanks