I need help... OSX not booting...

wtcnbrwndo4u

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys...

I'm trying to get the audio working on my system (Sigmatel 92XX) and I'm trying different methods around. I tried one by macgirl with the AppleAC97Audio.kext, but that didn't work. When I restarted after loading the kext, It starts loading and then it freezes when it says the following:

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH7 ATA/100... etc. It mentions IRQ14 and other stuff...

I got this freeze yesterday too while fixing it and so I just reinstalled my 10.4.5 DVD along with the 10.4.6 update and the 10.4.7 update. I fix the network problem easily every time, so that's fine. But it's just the audio... I need it for Final Cut Pro 5.

Thanks,

wtcnbrwndo4u

Through disk utility, yes I do. However, when I ran it, it didn't repair anything. It runs, but nothing shows up in the log other than it starting and finishing.

EDIT: I'm also trying to change the Extensions back to its original (I backed it up) using MacDrive within Windows, but I'm having a problem with that too.

MacDrive reports that the MacHD wasn't shut down properly (because it froze) and may cause issues... Which it is.

:)

EDIT2: I was able to change it using MacDrive... I'm going to try to reboot now.

EDIT: I'm also trying to change the Extensions back to its original (I backed it up) using MacDrive within Windows, but I'm having a problem with that too.

MacDrive reports that the MacHD wasn't shut down properly (because it froze) and may cause issues... Which it is.

Try booting the install DVD and run Disk Utility on the OSX partition. Then boot back into Windows and try replacing the kexts.