Installation on ASUS M2V Mobo

Gavin Lewandowski

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

Has anyone managed to install the HOTISO release on a box built with a ASUS M2V Motherboard, an AMD Athlon 64 socket AM2 3200+. The box has 1gig of DDR800 ram, an ASUS AX3000SE PCI-e Graphics card, 2x SATA 250gig drives and a 160gig PATA plus an LG DVD-R.

I have booted the ISO, then selected -x -v platform=OSX86 for boottime options, but it falls over :), unfortunatly I have not grabbed the debugger output yet.

Anyone got any quick ideas on what to try or shall I get the debug output?

• 2 weeks later...

Great! But man, if you have time, please add your mobo to HCL list at the osx86project wiki, because it's new mobo, and it's already avaliable at many shops, i think many people want to know is it right thing or not... so please write here or at the wiki, what's work and what's (it's will nice if not) no at thin mobo, so most interesting things are integrate SATA RAID controller, embedded sound and network

finally, it works !

i've just added this in the boot options :

-x -v platform=ACPI cpus=2

(i have an athlon64x2 3800+)

The -x option disables some features you might need. Try booting with just the "-v platform=ACPI cpus=2" options. Also, if things are booting fine, you don't need the -v (verbose mode) option. This just displays messages so you can see the errors.

Instead of having to enter these options every time you boot, add them to your boot.plist file.

Edit the boot.plist file at "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" and add the options after the Kernel Flags key:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x platform=ACPI cpus=2</string>

You can edit the file by dragging it to the Desktop and editing it with TextEdit, then dragging it back, answering the 2 resulting dialogs - Authenticate and yes to replace, then followed by using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the OSX partition.

Or you can do it via Terminal with this command:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

• 1 year later...