Sleep just never works

dawiinci

6 posts in this topic

I tried everything but it just not sleeps. For now it shuts down the HDD and spins up again immediately. The log says System Doze and Previous Sleep Cause: 0.

I tried OpenHaltRestart, EvoReboot, SleepEnabler together with a proper DSDT.aml. I use the latest kernel from Nawcom. The system is AMD on 10.6.6.

Changed every jumper and BIOS setting - no sleep.

PLEASE help me!

hmmm...

If your behavior doesn't change at all with the kexts then I would think maybe you have not installed them properly. Get Kext Utility. Copy the kexts into /Extra folder (you may have to do this in Terminal if you don't have a show all files application). Make sure there are no duplicates of the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/ (this is more of a neatness issue to keep your bootloader from reading them twice)

Then run Kext Utility.

I imagine after you do this then the system may attempt to sleep but not wake up.

If that happens then do this:

get DSDTSE and try to apply the very first hack in the list. My brain is farting and i can't remember the name but it's the one you paste directly before _WAC

Then apply the RTC hack.

Also make sure you have "execute bit diasble" enabled in your bios.

If that still doesn't work try removing AppleHPET.kext from your /System/Library/Extensions folder. (don't delete it just move it somewhere, put it back if it doesn't help)

If that doesn't work then I'd say don't use sleep, use hibernate

open a terminal and type: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0. This will cause your computer to power off and save all the ram contents to disk. It's not quite sleep, but it's an effective workaround.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

System doze??

loginwindow[80] loginwindow SleepWakeCallback will power on

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.loginwindow.logs

com.apple.message.signature: will power on event received

com.apple.message.uuid:

com.apple.message.result: noop

[14] Wake: Success - AC

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.powermanagement.wake

com.apple.message.signature: Success

com.apple.message.uuid:

com.apple.message.result: Success

This is why it wakes up...

I don't know what to do! I now have a vanilla AMD with chameleon RC5 - what kext should I add?

Could it be because of fakesmc 2.5?

System doze??

This is why it wakes up...

I don't know what to do! I now have a vanilla AMD with chameleon RC5 - what kext should I add?

Could it be because of fakesmc 2.5?

Try going into system prefs/energy saver and turn off 'wake for airport access'