Help installing iAtkos S3 v2 on XPS m1210 w/ GMA 950

fliptrocity

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to the hackintosh scene, and i've spent the past 3 nights reading/searching for a solution for my problem.

I've tried installing iAtkos S3 v2 on a Dell XPS m1210, with a Core 2 Duo , a GMA 945 Chipset and a GMA 950 GPU.

I've gone through the install process about 10-15 times now, I've gone from krnel panics when i try to boot to being able to install successfully and even booting into the OS. Everything seems to boot up just fine, i even hear the "staying alive" music from what i assume is some sort of intro, i do not however, have any video.

I've tried quite a few diff install options, and I've been getting the same results, I've tried plugging in an external monitor, but all i get is a blue/grey screen on the external monitor... From all the searching I've done, its pretty evident i'm not the only one with this problem when it comes to the GMA 950 GPU, but i haven't been able to find a solution or any suggestions on what options to select during the install.

What i'm really hoping for is , for someone to help me out and tell me exactly what options i should be selecting from the install, so that i can finally have some video!

Thanks

first scratch the iatkos install... go to a store and BUY a 30$ retail apple install disk.

then download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and burn it

start off [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install osx off the retail cd

try pluging in your monitor and using the fn+?? keys to switch to external monitor when your still in the bootloader. it should default back to internal monitor when osx finishes loading

but seriously get away from hacked up installs... i was using the same aitkos disk, it just causes lots of trouble in the end... u want to install from a retail dvd, and find a dsdt for your pc...

key ingredient---- read for days..... and good luck...

first scratch the iatkos install... go to a store and BUY a 30$ retail apple install disk.

then download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and burn it

start off [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install osx off the retail cd

try pluging in your monitor and using the fn+?? keys to switch to external monitor when your still in the bootloader. it should default back to internal monitor when osx finishes loading

but seriously get away from hacked up installs... i was using the same aitkos disk, it just causes lots of trouble in the end... u want to install from a retail dvd, and find a dsdt for your pc...

key ingredient---- read for days..... and good luck...

I did try plugging in an external like you suggested, and it did default back to the internal with the proper resolution and everything. Is there a way to do this without using the external monitor?

And if i do end up getting the Retail install disk, where can i find a DSDT for my pc? i did a quick Google search and came up empty.

Thanks