Installing drivers after install is finished in iATKOS v5i?

Cryptiik

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I managed to finally get iATKOS v5i working recently and I was exstatic to see it start up.

My issue is that when I was setting everything up, I didn't select the correct network drivers (as I wasn't sure which to select) which has meant that I can't get internet via the wire that I have (which is simply coming from my windows 7 computer into my hackintosh).

How can I install further drivers when I've already gone through installation? (and certainly don't want to go through installation again)

Thanks,

Cryptiik

After hours more research I've found that I might need to use a kext file to install the drivers needed.

Since the hackintosh doesn't recognise my ethernet thing (not sure if it's a card or just a port) I'm not sure which model it is and so don't know what kext file to get.

I've found from the BIOS that it's some kind of Broadcom card - but I'm unsure which.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Cryptiik

the first thing i would do is click the apple logo on the top menu...select about this mac...then more information button on the window that opens.

look down the system profiler to find your network card and get its device id (devid) .

once you have the id search google for the "id kext" i.e "bcm5751 kext" or whatever the id is.

you can always install kexts and try them, if the device is not present, then nothing happens.

if you try a driver (kext) always bootup first time with the -f command to make sure the system refreshes the available drivers installed.

if you need to find kexts notavailable here then a very good source is kexts . com

the first thing i would do is click the apple logo on the top menu...select about this mac...then more information button on the window that opens.

look down the system profiler to find your network card and get its device id (devid) .

once you have the id search google for the "id kext" i.e "bcm5751 kext" or whatever the id is.

you can always install kexts and try them, if the device is not present, then nothing happens.

if you try a driver (kext) always bootup first time with the -f command to make sure the system refreshes the available drivers installed.

if you need to find kexts notavailable here then a very good source is kexts . com

In the system profiler I don't see anything relevent under the "Hardware" category or "Network" category (the only two I think would have any relevence).

I assume nothing shows up as the Mac doesn't recognise the ethernet card.

The closest thing I can find is when I click "Network" and in the "Active Services" it says "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)".

Please Help,

Thanks,

Cryptiik

if your referring to network under system preferences/network en0 then this device shows even none existent devices too. if the device states inactive/ no ip then i would remove it by selecting the minus at the bottom.

if the device shows active but no ip then the card is working but can't find a dhcp server - try to click renew ip address box and see if that works.

any device removed from the network that is physically in the machine, should be re-found on reboot / then clicking network again.

hope this helps

sorry forgot to mention that if the card is inactive - removed and is not re-found then i would find the machine make model. or motherboard model and get the details from google or manufacturers website to find out the nic installed.

then search for a kext to match.

sorry forgot to mention that if the card is inactive - removed and is not re-found then i would find the machine make model. or motherboard model and get the details from google or manufacturers website to find out the nic installed.

then search for a kext to match.

After me removing the ethernet option it does not come up again - I've found out my PC model and the specs are here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/sm/WF...0-77923637.html

I'm not sure if I need to search for a "Integrated Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet kext" or a "Intel Pro 1000 MT Gigabit kext". Either way I can't seem to find any exact matching kext (I've tried this: http://www.kexts.com/view/890-broadcom_net...t_ethernet.html but it didn't make a difference)

Please Help,

Thanks In Advance,

Cryptiik

Just updated to 10.5.6 via the apple updater (to 1.5.6) software I found online (I hoped this would fix this issue).

Unfortunately this has not fixed the issue (and has in fact caused more issues as now my USB ports don't work either).

If anyone could help with either the USB or Ethernet problem I would be eternally greatful,

Thanks,

Cryptiik