ASUS G73JH - Mac OS X 10.6.6 - All is WORKING!

pavol.tomik

229 posts in this topic

I tried the auto dsdt and my sound stopped working so I took it out, seems this one is working out for me.

Audio

you need a HDEF(in DSDT) + LegacyHda + AppleHda Patched

so

use VoodooHda + AppleHda Disabler

what happens?

Everything seems to work fine :)

thanx

Now i have one other problem i need help with - this

"verify that your connector type is showing up as hdmi in your ioregistry, then inject the pair of hda-gfx strings to enable hdmi audio."

I really need HDMI to work more than anything else :unsure:

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks for posting the auto patcher the other files. Are they supposed to enable 802.11n? I'm still seeing the same issue of being able to connect to the network, but the adapter is able to obtain dhcp data and if manually configured it cannot send/receive packets.

Thank you for helping us all out so much with this!

Alright Mald0n, used the dsdt file franula posted, he showed me how to install it and all, everything is working great except those few problems still exist. Also, a great kext for battery is VoodooBattery, works great except when you unplug and plug back in it shows you're still on battery, but other than that it shows battery percentage and all!

Problems Need Fixing:

HDMI Audio Out

Sleep

Microphone

Wireless N (haven't tried and I have an adapter if I need N)

@Mald0n - Please help!!

My HDMI doesn't work at all :)

it works while it's booting but when it loads graphic driver screen turns black over HDMI

And one more thing....

Under About This Mac there is CPU speed of 1.73Mhz, how can i get 2.93Mhz like in iMac?

That means TurboBoost is not available

used the dsdt file franula posted

do not use the DSDT from another computer

use Auto-Patcher

things change(Bios version, etc)

send me log

cat /var/log/kernel.log

Tried the method in the first post, and got a black screen. Then tried booting with the GraphicsEnabler=No and it hangs on the boot screen. I tried the method mentioned on the first post, but before rebooting I installed the additional kexts, and repaired the permissions. Still no luck, it just hangs on the boot screen.

Any ideas? I thought about trying the method on the first post, but remove the usb 3.o kext, the power management, and evorom kext. I hope this helps.

Can anyone shed some light into this? Thanks.

Tried the method in the first post, and got a black screen. Then tried booting with the GraphicsEnabler=No and it hangs on the boot screen. I tried the method mentioned on the first post, but before rebooting I installed the additional kexts, and repaired the permissions. Still no luck, it just hangs on the boot screen.

Any ideas? I thought about trying the method on the first post, but remove the usb 3.o kext, the power management, and evorom kext. I hope this helps.

Can anyone shed some light into this? Thanks.

Don't use the method posted in the 1st post... use the method posted later

do not use the DSDT from another computer

use Auto-Patcher

things change(Bios version, etc)

So should I just make a dsdt via the auto-patcher and link it in chameleon and repair/reboot?

You guys were all great help and I have an almost perfect install of OSX running on my G73jh...

The problem im having is I installed voodoohda 2.7.2 and audio works but there is horrible feedback from the mic. I pluged in headphones to the mic slot to get it to quite down a bit but its still very annoying. Also, I cant use the voodoohda perf to mess with the settings... the only device it displays is "Digital-Out (HDMI)".

Thanks

@Mald0n - Please help!!

My HDMI doesn't work at all :)

it works while it's booting but when it loads graphic driver screen turns black over HDMI

And one more thing....

Under About This Mac there is CPU speed of 1.73Mhz, how can i get 2.93Mhz like in iMac?

Update:

After i turned off USE ATI DRIVER in Chameleon, HDMI suddenly works! :D

I basically did what Franula did.

1. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

2. Install SL (partition according to tonymacx depending on what you want)

3. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] into OSX after installation is done

4. Boot up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4. don't install yet

5. Install 10.6.7 combo update

6. Install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. (select ATI drivers, touchpad, all misc except EvOReboot and NULLCPU and USB 3.0)

Select Macbookpro 6,1

7. Install chameleon

8. Copy Extra folder over.

9. Reboot

10. Install audio drivers (probably need to install disabler too) and LAN driver.

11. install chameleon prefpane. Copy DSDT to EXTRA folder and use the prefpane to link the DSDT to chameleon.

That's basically what I did. I'm not sure what changes will do what but if you install that way, you'll have all the issues I have but a still workable computer. I'm not sure how Franula got the wireless N to work. I'm sure he'll chime in when he sees this.

Well I Did This And It Works Well I Have The Intel 1.6 Ghz Processor And All Atheros LAN And WIFI.

Im On 10.6.7 With 206 Bios

Problems I Have (PLEASE HELP):

HDMI - When I Plug It In My Screen On My Laptop Splits In To Four And Gets All Wavey But My External Work Fine But Only As Extension post-760849-1301618391_thumb.jpg?????

Sometimes It Goes Gray And Says I Have To Hold Down My Power Button (IDK Why)

Microphone - I Know You Guys Have That Problem Too

WIFI - Will Not Connect To Any Router B/G/N Enabled Only B/G Routers

Great news, finally got it to work. The 2nd method worked flawlessly. Should I really mess around with the DST? I know its kind of a dumb question, but i was just wondering. Last but not least, should I fix the permissions or not? What does this do??

Great news, finally got it to work. The 2nd method worked flawlessly. Should I really mess around with the DST? I know its kind of a dumb question, but i was just wondering. Last but not least, should I fix the permissions or not? What does this do??

If everything works, don't try and think it'll make things better D:, it might, but everything works right? :o

If everything works, don't try and think it'll make things better D:, it might, but everything works right? :o

I have not messed with it too much, because I had to go to work. Once I get home, I will poke at it and see what gives. But, I know the known issues, such as wifi and the keyboard lights not working, I have not tested the sound yet, but I'll post my findings once I get home. :D

After i turned off USE ATI DRIVER in Chameleon, HDMI suddenly works! :o

send me DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

generate in desktop

Ok i have been following this post pretty closely for about two weeks now and am happy to say that after many installs of mac i have finally gotten the mic to work. What doesnt seems to work for me still is:

Sleep

Keyboard Backlight

Wireless N

So here is how i got the mic to work. Go to /System/Library/Extensions/****.kext and delete all kext with HDA in it except AppleHDADisabler.kext

After that use KextHelper to install the attached kext file. Run Kext Utility. Then reboot.

That worked for me, Hope it helps everyone else. Cant wait till the rest it all working.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I keep getting kernel panics when I'm playing music, first time I was playing it off my fat32 external, then I tried playing it off my transfer partitions which are ntfs.... dunno what the problem is but could it be that I'm trying to play it from different file systems?

send me DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

generate in desktop

Here it is

dsdt.zip

Thanx

Now that I was able to poke around enough, I'm pleased to report that logic is working just fine. :P My only issue is the network connection all together. I have no ethernet connection, and wifi drops even when I set up my router to a B/g mode. Any clues? I reinstalled the lan kext but no go. :)