Everything works except restart

Foxic

12 posts in this topic

I have everything working through a patched DSDT file except restart.

I have the following kexts under E/E

ALC8xxHDA.kext

fakesmc.kext

IntelCPUMonitor.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

SuperIOFamily.kext

When I press restart the screen goes black but nothing further happens.

Any ideas how I can get this working?

Thanks

Nope only Snow, not Lion.

I'm just having a read of the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 thread, it seems to enable power management but I have this enabled through my DSDT, though memory detection doesn't work and I don't think speedstep works, come to think of it.

Will I have to remove my DSDT before I update to RC5?

Also which kext are you referring to?

Thanks

I'm just having a read of the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 thread, it seems to enable power management but I have this enabled through my DSDT, though memory detection doesn't work and I don't think speedstep works, come to think of it.

Will I have to remove my DSDT before I update to RC5?

Nope

dont add in boot.plist Generate P and C States

memory

boot.plist

SMmemtype=24 (18=DDR - 19=ddr2 – 24=ddr3)

SMmemspeed=1600 (DDRX 1600)

Also which kext are you referring to?

OpenhaltRestart

I've got my memory displaying correctly by editing my smbios.plist with my memory info, though I used lizard to do that.

There's no mention of p and c states so I take it I'm ok to go ahead and update to RC5.

Do you know the best method? Is there a precompiled recent version or am I better off compiling from the git/svn?

Thanks again.

I've got my memory displaying correctly by editing my smbios.plist with my memory info, though I used lizard to do that.

There's no mention of p and c states so I take it I'm ok to go ahead and update to RC5.

Do you know the best method? Is there a precompiled recent version or am I better off compiling from the git/svn?

Thanks again.

Trunk 699 _D.png

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...urce/tree/HEAD/

Restart now works, istat also seems more accurate now, my cpu usage is picking up and down whereas before it would just remain very static.

Is there any way I can tell if speedstep is working?

I noticed in windows 7 during 3DMark my fans span up alot, where my pc is watercooled the 2 120mm fans on the front provide all the cooling, these are plugged into sys_fan1 and sys_fan2 on the mobo.

I've never had this happen in OS X. Would this be speedstep or turbo mode or are they the same thing.

One other thing I've just noticed I'm missing is wake on network from the energy saving pref pane.

From a goole search I found that this is because of the RealtecR1000SL.kext.

One alternative I found this:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

But although this works fine it still doesn't show the option in the energy saver prefpane.