Verify DVD failed

totokan

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm trying to install Mac Os X on my PC. It's a custom rig, consiting of a ASROCK mobo with the VIA 775 chipset, I believe (EDIT: It's a '775DUALVSTA' mobo). The processor is a Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz with Hyperthreading and EM64T I have my HD all partitioned correctly (external USB, as I have no internal HD on this PC). Now, when I run the installation program, and use the disc utility tool, it goes ok. I customize settings the way I need them, (HP printer drivers only and no extra languages, choose INTEL SSE3 support and upgrade) and hit install. The program than continues on to the long, boring process of checking the DVD. It fails, saying to check for dirt and such. (EDIT: it says There was a problem checking your disc Please restart your computer, eject the disc, and check for fingerprints or scratches. If this problem persists, contact Customer Support. The options are Ignore & Continue or Cancel Install) I continue anyways, since nero verified it and said it was okay. Next, it begins installation but breaks down after it reaches writing: %100 (EDIT: this is under 'Installing Base System Part 1)It then says at the top, There were errors installing the software with the text 'Please try installing again.' in the center of the screen. I'll edit with exact information once I finish seeing it happen again. EDIT: What's 'X11'? Do I need it?

EDIT: all stuff updated. This has happened 4 times now.

Err... The dvd was burnt at 4x, which I could not change, and it's a DVD-R from SONY. I don't have anymore to burn to. The disc image was in an archive entiltled 'open_source_xavier' and the image was 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso Any way to check if that's a good/bad copy of the ISO?

Err... by my thoughts, this is the JaS release. If so, than I don't even think that really matters. Anyways, thi3f, you may just have a bad copy, re-dl and try again (if it won't burn at all...). Or, check the contents of the iso with winrar, then see if it matches.

• 2 weeks later...