GA-H55M-S2V and iAKTOS

curtjr4

4 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I am attempting to install iAKTOS S3 V2 (10.6.3) on my machine. It has a GA-H55M-S2V motherboard, with a Intel i5-650 CPU, and it fails to boot. I have tried poking around for any information... but nothing works. It appears to reboot the system when it is about to boot into Darwin. I have tried the following with no success:

-v
-busratio=20
-x
-arch=i386

I have set AHCI in CMOS, but that only made things worse. Windows was unable to boot, and it would refuse to boot from the DVD while that was enabled... so I am back to the IDE setting. Is there anything that I can possibly do?

Thank you ;)

Hello there,

I am attempting to install iAKTOS S3 V2 (10.6.3) on my machine. It has a GA-H55M-S2V motherboard, with a Intel i5-650 CPU, and it fails to boot. I have tried poking around for any information... but nothing works. It appears to reboot the system when it is about to boot into Darwin. I have tried the following with no success:

-v
-busratio=20
-x
-arch=i386

I have set AHCI in CMOS, but that only made things worse. Windows was unable to boot, and it would refuse to boot from the DVD while that was enabled... so I am back to the IDE setting. Is there anything that I can possibly do?

Thank you :(

Can you provide more specific specs? Amount of RAM, Video Card, etc.

Here's my specs... hopefully this will be of use :)

--General--
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H55M-S2V
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Award Software International, Inc. F3, 9/10/2010
RAM: 4.00 GB
--Graphics--
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Adapter Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5), Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter RAM: 1.68 GB (1,807,478,784 bytes)
--Network--
Name: [00000007] Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Adapter Type: Ethernet 802.3
Product Type: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

• 3 weeks later...
Here's my specs... hopefully this will be of use :(

--General--
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H55M-S2V
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3193 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Award Software International, Inc. F3, 9/10/2010
RAM: 4.00 GB
--Graphics--
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Adapter Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5), Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter RAM: 1.68 GB (1,807,478,784 bytes)
--Network--
Name: [00000007] Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Adapter Type: Ethernet 802.3
Product Type: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I just got this running for my girlfriend. I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to boot off the retail 10.6 disc and installed the combo update.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any video off the intel integrated graphics. For this build I was lucky enough to have a 9800GT so graphics was not a problem.

This mobo uses a Realtek6139 (I think that's the right number?) ethernet chipset. You can use Lnx2Mac drivers.

Audio can be enabled by VoodooHDA. I think the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] has the ALC888a support, but I haven't tried it yet.

Very straight forward install. :D

-R