Dell Latitude D630 - Update 10.6 -> 10.6.6

Charles Albert

4 posts in this topic

I've used this thread to sucessfully install MacOSX 10.6 on my Dell Latitude D630 (C2D T8100, video NVidia, wireless Dell). Everything was easy and worked right out of the box. The problem comes when i try to upgrade to 10.6.6. I can install the update w/o any issues, but after that, my wireless is gone. Everything else works just fine - although i've probably didn't tested everything, cos i need the wifi and reinstalled 10.6, but not w/o trying to use the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], whose sucessfully screwed up the initialization. Maybe i'll try to update and then install the Wifi kext next, what do you boys and girls think? Anyone tried to use the method i've linked above, and then tried to update MacOSX?

Thanks for this worderful comunnity, it has changed my life significantly in the past week, hackintoshingy wise :)

Hi, i've tried the suggestion indicated by dothacker, but when i get to the 10.6.4 i'm having USB problems (none of the ports are working). Also, using time machine to go back to 10.6.3 (yes, i am doing a backup before every upgrade), i'm having boot problems: before doing the post install, obviously i can't boot without the chameleon boot cd. But i can't boot with the cd either, it get stuck in the green-with-dark-apple loading screen, loading animation spinning all the time. Left like that for hours, and didn't loaded the system. Restarted and tried again without success. Will do a time machine to a 10.6.2.

Also, another though: i've noticed that dothacker uses iatkos (it's on his/hers signature). I'm using chameleon. Could that influence somehow?