Upgrading from 10.6 to 10.6.6

djneo92nl

8 posts in this topic

Hy,

I have succesfolly installed osx on my pc :(.

Its running stable fast and sounds lan and well everything works except for sleep.

But i'm running 10.6 and for ilife i need 10.6.3 and for the sdk i need the latest version.

i have installed it with SNOWleoDVD, vanila kernel, voodoohda and chameleon 2.0.

And my specs are this

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600e

ASUS P5Q-E with modified bios.

4GB ddr2 800MHz

80GB drive for OSX86 (and a few TB for storage, an ssd to boot windows all disconnected)

Nvidea Geforce 9800 GT (from asus)

Could i update by just using system update and can i make a good backup something like and ghost image or if a fail may happen while updating a reinstall and my time machine backup be enough to return my files containing the hacks for the nic's and such (also the apps).

Hy,

I have succesfolly installed osx on my pc :( .

Its running stable fast and sounds lan and well everything works except for sleep.

But i'm running 10.6 and for ilife i need 10.6.3 and for the sdk i need the latest version.

i have installed it with SNOWleoDVD, vanila kernel, voodoohda and chameleon 2.0.

And my specs are this

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600e

ASUS P5Q-E with modified bios.

4GB ddr2 800MHz

80GB drive for OSX86 (and a few TB for storage, an ssd to boot windows all disconnected)

Nvidea Geforce 9800 GT (from asus)

Could i update by just using system update and can i make a good backup something like and ghost image or if a fail may happen while updating a reinstall and my time machine backup be enough to return my files containing the hacks for the nic's and such (also the apps).

My 9800GT is working with the 10.6.6 combo update, most issue I've encountered was with the USB, but 10.6.3 was working fine (until 10.6.5, it should)

download combo update... then update to 10.6.6.. but dont restart it yet. after the update is done, rollback the USBFamily.kext using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. easiest way i can think of. Of course, there are other ways but that requires more steps.

Hi,

I just updated from 10.6 to 10.6.6 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and multibest (i been wanted to update to other version 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 but i been having issue with the graphic card)

I got the audio, network and USB working on my machine

Unfortunately, i have problems with the video resolution and when im online.

Im not getting full resolution on 10.6.6 and the when i go to display setting it only shows me one resolution.

i have try adding graphicenable=yes string to apple.com.plts but i doesnt do anything. PLZ HELP ME

When im no sites that need java or flash support (like youtube) safari freeze and i have to force quit safari.

In addition, i feel that my hackintosh is running really slow.

MB:GA-EX58-UD5

RAM:1600 6GB

VIDEO: PNY NVIDIA 9800 GTX 512MB

i have 10.6.0 retail cd and 10.6.3 retail cd too

THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP