AMD/nForce430/Retail Install?

Lotustar

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am currently running Hazard Snow Leo distro on my machine with pretty good success but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get as vanilla as possible on my setup. I saw a youtube video with a guy installing Snow Leopard retail with Empire EFI. I tried this with no luck at all. The reason I am asking is because I am having more and more crashes with apps a few months after install and I still have no sleep or CD burning. Using Marvin's AMD Utility works for the most part but still crashing Safari, Firefox, and Vuze atleast once a day. I've asked for help with things here before and had no response so I'm hoping SOMEONE will atleast point me in the right direction. I've helped ppl on this forum so can someone please help me? I just want an install thats a little more stable and functional. And yes I know i should just buy a Mac but who has that kind of cash right now? Please help a starving artist? Thanks in advance.

I don't know much knowledge on AMD and Snow, or nForce 430 and Snow--but I've mastered Leopard and nForce 430 (my signature below)..

Basically, a rundown is you'll be operating on modbin's test7 kernel, the guide posted above my post is a good way to go.

Good luck!