Weird Monitor Problem

3 posts in this topic

I have a perfectly operating Hackintosh with a Branded ATI X1600 Pro card and the fixes. When connected to my NEC 1860NX Monitor it works just great via the analog port (even though the monitor supports Digital input as well). However I had need to move the unit to my test bench where I have a Viewsonic VA712b monitor and no matter what I do the monitor reports no Analog signal from the card (this is only in OSX 10.4.7 and analog works fine here in Windows). Additionally the system is visable during boot on the analog input and disapears when the OSX desktop should appear. The system works fine connected to the digital port on the card. Is there anyway I can force analog output while in OSX? Can't find a control for that in preferances just all the display modes.

The reason I want to use analog is so that I can use a KVM switch on the system and since I don't game there is really no advantage for me in using Digital output.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Additionally the system is visable during boot on the analog input and disapears when the OSX desktop should appear.

This part is explainly by the fact that BIOS provides a generic pre-boot "VESA" graphics driver which is dumped when OS X boots and loads its high performance graphics driver for the x1600 (that evidently does not like your KVM switch).