installed OSX finally! iDeneb 10.5.7 need to update to snow leopard 10.6.x how?

Juan A. N

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys, Thank God and everyone here, I got my Dell Optiplex GX620 intel 945 chipset to work with osx using iDeneb 10.5.7,, the thing is that I am trying to install a purchased copy of iLife 11 but it tells me I need to have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 minimum! Could i update straight from apple update feature? if not, than how could i upgrade my system to atleast 10.6.3? thanks to everyone that helps me!!!

P.S: also: how could i get my GMA950 graphics card to have Open GL support? I tried playing a few games but they all say I need hardware acceleration or something!

Specs:

Optiplex GX620

Pentium D 2.8GHZ

2GB Ram

graphics card GMA950

Hello guys, Thank God and everyone here, I got my Dell Optiplex GX620 intel 945 chipset to work with osx using iDeneb 10.5.7,, the thing is that I am trying to install a purchased copy of iLife 11 but it tells me I need to have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 minimum! Could i update straight from apple update feature? if not, than how could i upgrade my system to atleast 10.6.3? thanks to everyone that helps me!!!

P.S: also: how could i get my GMA950 graphics card to have Open GL support? I tried playing a few games but they all say I need hardware acceleration or something!

Specs:

Optiplex GX620

Pentium D 2.8GHZ

2GB Ram

graphics card GMA950

You can't update, Leopard and Snow Leopard are essentially different operating systems, you would have to install Snow Leopard from scratch...

You can't update, Leopard and Snow Leopard are essentially different operating systems, you would have to install Snow Leopard from scratch...

thanks Ruger42, kind a had a feeling, jejeje but was worth asking! also, what method for reinstalling retail leopard would work for my system? I already have a Snow Leopard Retail disc on hand! Thanks!!

Optiplex GX620

Intel 945

2GB of ram

GMA950 graphics

200 GB hard drive

• 1 year later...