ATI MOBILITY 5650 WORKING FULL RES QE/CI ***FB EULEMUR***

atlee

52 posts in this topic

let me do more testing, retrying a few things with 10.6.6 kexts, megaloden, vervet, nomascus do not work. im using ati version of rc5 from this ati thread. i can get atiframebuffer, atiradeonx3000 and atisupport to load, just need ati5000controller to kick start :wacko:

let me do more testing, retrying a few things with 10.6.6 kexts, megaloden, vervet, nomascus do not work. im using ati version of rc5 from this ati thread. i can get atiframebuffer, atiradeonx3000 and atisupport to load, just need ati5000controller to kick start :wacko:

Is your ID in ati5000controller.kext?? If it is it should load.

Is your ID in ati5000controller.kext?? If it is it should load.

it's definitely in there, just going to fix my DSDT then retry with nomascus, will update here soon.

How should one choose which fb to use? Are you trying randomly? Isn't it something specific to the video card?

While trying to extract my VBIOS with atiflash (unuccessfully) i read "Redwood" near my adapter. Then I found out that redwood is a fb. Am I wrong thinking that trying to get qe/ci working I should always use Redwood with AtiConfig (Kabyl's boot).

Has anyone managed to extract his Vbios to use it with kabyl's boot? ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768 )

If external get's QE/CI using Megalodon as FB, I'm going to try and create a DSDT fix to pump the same also into the LCD display. Will try and let you know ;) I'm back to 10.6.6 kexts.

I'd be more than happy to have qe/ci at least on my external monitor ;)

Install the ATI r700 bootloader, then add AtiConfig=Megalodon to your boot plist then install the 10.7 kexts I have here and you can get external monitor, As you can see in my picture I got QE/CI.

This is taking too much of my time up, have two units to study if someone wishes to mix and match FB's to get the correct one then go ahead :D

Install the ATI r700 bootloader, then add AtiConfig=Megalodon to your boot plist then install the 10.7 kexts I have here and you can get external monitor, As you can see in my picture I got QE/CI.

This is taking too much of my time up, have two units to study if someone wishes to mix and match FB's to get the correct one then go ahead ;)

Are you sure that you have QE/CI? I could do the xbench's test without having QE/CI. Can you use Front Row, DVD player, etc?

i will go do a quick test and let you know, really dont have time to try all those huge list of FB's :D

Edit: Nope cannot use DVD or Frontrow, back to square one :/ will have to try a DSDT method.

The drivers displays via DisplayPort so if you have a laptop with a DP use it then do this trick either using 10.6.6 kexts or 10.7, i'm trying to do a DSDT that connects at GFX1, VGA0

I'm also guessing we are all using the wrong Framebuffer, my laptop only has 3 outputs, HDMI, Internal LCD and VGA so my Framebuffer needs to be either:

{"Quail", 3}, {"Raven", 3}, {"Shrike", 3},

{"Langur", 3}, {"Megalodon", 3},

{"Kakapo", 3},{"Gliff", 3}, {"Hoolock", 3},

{"Eulemur", 3}, {"Flicker", 3},

{"Baboon", 3},

One of these guys. So please go ahead and test them. 3 corresponds to how many outputs. Mine has 3 so it might be one of these framebuffers. Try with 10.6.6 kexts. Install all kexts except for ATI5000Controller and see if you can reach Desktop with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. 

i will go do a quick test and let you know, really dont have time to try all those huge list of FB's :(

Edit: Nope cannot use DVD or Frontrow, back to square one :/ will have to try a DSDT method.

The drivers displays via DisplayPort so if you have a laptop with a DP use it then do this trick either using 10.6.6 kexts or 10.7, i'm trying to do a DSDT that connects at GFX1, VGA0

I'm also guessing we are all using the wrong Framebuffer, my laptop only has 3 outputs, HDMI, Internal LCD and VGA so my Framebuffer needs to be either:

{"Baboon", 3},

One of these guys. So please go ahead and test them. 3 corresponds to how many outputs. Mine has 3 so it might be one of these framebuffers. Try with 10.6.6 kexts. Install all kexts except for ATI5000Controller and see if you can reach Desktop with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

my 5730 have 4 port but i can see 2 external of theme vga and hdmi the display port is in laptop

i think 5650 is same as mine . & one is internal for lcd

what you mean of install 10.6.6

1.install 10.6.6 kext and install ATI5000Controller of 10.7 or don't install any

ATI5000Controller which one of theme ?

i will go do a quick test and let you know, really dont have time to try all those huge list of FB's :(

{"Baboon", 3},

Really doesn't matter the number of ports of your FB. Now I'm using Vervet(4) modded with my senseID ports and HDMI is working and my Internal Display is detected but not working (black screen). The important thing it's that your connector type and sense ID are well detected.

If you can't run Front Row or DVD player you don't have QE/CI. The both uses it.

with installing 4 10.7 kexts without kalby boot loader and any FB i have external monitor working

without QE/CI

after installing kalby boot loader and FB graphic string in chameleon (com.plist)

laptop lcd doesn't work but

result for external monitor :

Alopias		work without qe/ci

Alouatta	   work without qe/ci

Baboon		 work without qe/ci

Cardinal	   work without qe/ci

Caretta		work without qe/ci

Colobus		not work

Douc		   not work

Eulemur		work without qe/ci

Flicker		work without qe/ci

Galago		 not work

Gliff		  work without qe/ci

Hoolock		work without qe/ci

Hypoprion	  work without qe/ci

Iago		   work without qe/ci

Kakapo		 work without qe/ci

Kipunji		work without qe/ci

Lamna		  work without qe/ci

Langur		 work without qe/ci

Megalodon	  work without qe/ci

Motmot		 work without qe/ci

Nomascus	   not work

Orangutan	  not work

Peregrine	  work without qe/ci

Quail		  work without qe/ci

Raven		  work without qe/ci

Shrike		 work without qe/ci

Sphyrna		work without qe/ci

Triakis		work without qe/ci

Uakari		 not work

Vervet		 not work

Zonalis		not work

you see there isn't any changes with boot loader and FB

with installing 4 10.7 kexts without kalby boot loader and any FB i have external monitor working

without QE/CI

after installing kalby boot loader and FB graphic string in chameleon (com.plist)

laptop lcd doesn't work but

result for external monitor :

Alopias		work without qe/ci

Alouatta	   work without qe/ci

Baboon		 work without qe/ci

Cardinal	   work without qe/ci

Caretta		work without qe/ci

Colobus		not work

Douc		   not work

Eulemur		work without qe/ci

Flicker		work without qe/ci

Galago		 not work

Gliff		  work without qe/ci

Hoolock		work without qe/ci

Hypoprion	  work without qe/ci

Iago		   work without qe/ci

Kakapo		 work without qe/ci

Kipunji		work without qe/ci

Lamna		  work without qe/ci

Langur		 work without qe/ci

Megalodon	  work without qe/ci

Motmot		 work without qe/ci

Nomascus	   not work

Orangutan	  not work

Peregrine	  work without qe/ci

Quail		  work without qe/ci

Raven		  work without qe/ci

Shrike		 work without qe/ci

Sphyrna		work without qe/ci

Triakis		work without qe/ci

Uakari		 not work

Vervet		 not work

Zonalis		not work

you see there isn't any changes with boot loader and FB

How are you using kalby's boot? Isn't the video card bios a requirement? From what I read in the source code mobility series aren't supported at all by kabyl's boot...

I have tried every FB using 10.6.6 kexts, With GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, No makes the desktop not load, Yes either causes freeze, restart, scrambled screen or 4 FB's switches to full resolution then black screen.

10.7 kexts get to the desktop with Yes or No Enabled, i'm sure 10.7 has support just have to retry all fb's :rolleyes: anyway i got some work to do with school but i will test more later.

you dont need the cards bios to boot your card.

I have tried every FB using 10.6.6 kexts, With GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, No makes the desktop not load, Yes either causes freeze, restart, scrambled screen or 4 FB's switches to full resolution then black screen.

10.7 kexts get to the desktop with Yes or No Enabled, i'm sure 10.7 has support just have to retry all fb's :rolleyes: anyway i got some work to do with school but i will test more later.

you dont need the cards bios to boot your card.

Maybe 10.6.6 kext are working with QE/CI but you have a problem with framebuffer.

i removed ATIRadeonX3000.kext and I can boot with full resolution, something display on laptop for a short while then external monitor also boot's up, i'm going to try and few FB's because I now have ATI5000Controller fully loaded. maybe i'll now try placing ATIRadeonX3000 back and see what happens now.

Ok so I removed ATIRadeonX3000.kext, it fully loads ATI5000Controller, now thats fully loaded I placed ATIRadeonX3000 back and now that fully loads. Now just have to find the correct FB using these kexts, I guess I will try at random.

2a79car.png

I'm only using old 17" external LCD thats why 1024x768 lol

Uakari - Loads, Internal LCD all lines but loads my external monitor as an extended desktop.

Hoolock only res change.

Megalodon only res.

Baboon only res change.

Nomascus - Black internal, black external but loads.

will keep trying as I go.

10.6.6 are out of the question. 10.7 get us further then 10.6.6. Heaps further, what is wierd is 10.6.6 Framebuffer kext contains all FB personalities whereas 10.7 Framebuffer kext has no personalities, maybe the Framebuffer is unfinished? Maybe I will go get 10.6.7 kext's and see what I get?

I will try to load rom and see if Nomascus does anything.

The r700 ATI loads to the wrong connector or i'm using a rom file for 68c1 but it's a diff model laptop and normally diff brands use diff ports, diff locations so i will see if i can dump my ati rom file, i'm trying a few boot loaders as they do things differently.

There was someone here that posted success on 5870 mobility, installs chamelon rc5 rev746 then downgrades the boot file to 516 or something, this boot file wont work because it loads nomascus and loads our 5650 as 5870. so no good again :P

What jumps at me is that Uakari and Vervet load up as extended desktops using 10.7 kexts, my mission is installing Lion to peek around and see whats going on :(

I will try to load rom and see if Nomascus does anything.

The r700 ATI loads to the wrong connector or i'm using a rom file for 68c1 but it's a diff model laptop and normally diff brands use diff ports, diff locations so i will see if i can dump my ati rom file, i'm trying a few boot loaders as they do things differently.

There was someone here that posted success on 5870 mobility, installs chamelon rc5 rev746 then downgrades the boot file to 516 or something, this boot file wont work because it loads nomascus and loads our 5650 as 5870. so no good again :P

What jumps at me is that Uakari and Vervet load up as extended desktops using 10.7 kexts, my mission is installing Lion to peek around and see whats going on :)

You can dump your ati bios with Everest. I did and compared with the extracted with radeondump and was the same file :(

You can dump your ati bios with Everest. I did and compared with the extracted with radeondump and was the same file :(

hi dumped m5730 with everest its about 60KB and has dmp extension is it ok?

how to get rom file please help

hi dumped m5730 with everest its about 60KB and has dmp extension is it ok?

how to get rom file please help

I think you're right. You can check it with RBE (RadeionBiosEdit) in Windows and Radeondump in OSX. If the dump it's right you'll see information about your graphics card.

Once we have vga bios I think that what we need is to enable 5650 in kabyl's boot... Is anyone able to do so? Device id is 68c1

I hope someone can help...really struggling here, I've tried everything...

What is wrong with kabyl's boot?

I think that you can test the same as me. Use Lion's kext except ATIRadeonX3000.kext from Snow.

Hi

I installed 10.6.6 chameleon r748 and used ATIRadeonX3000.kext from Snow leopard

and 3 other kexts from lion and used

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>Yes</string>

in chameleon have full resolution in external monitor with QE/CI

the bios i extracted from Everest

doesn't make any change i think i need a specific boot loader who has any suggestion to make laptop

display working? i have time to test

Edit : i decided to test with kabyl boot loader and there is a diffrent between r748 and kabyl

by using r748 have full resolution on external monitor and see the pic

and with kabyl boot loader this section is empty