dual booting to tiger and leopard

nigelelliott394

4 posts in this topic

So i wanted to install leopard and have a dual boot between it and tiger. So i moved any necessary information on to my 20gb hard drive and installed tiger to my ipod, from there i opened disk utility and formatted my internal drive and partitioned it. I installed tiger to my first partition (by selecting OSInstall.mpkg) and intended to boot to it....but i tried to boot to it, i reached the grey apple screen and my ibook sat blankly, and so did I, waiting for the little spinning loading thingy to show up...and nothing. I tried again and had the same problem. This was the same .dmg i used for installing tiger on to my ipod so i can run a minimal system. Now i dunno what to do, i'm just simply having too much trouble trying to install all this. can anybody help me out at all? please

thanks in advance

nigel

So i wanted to install leopard and have a dual boot between it and tiger. So i moved any necessary information on to my 20gb hard drive and installed tiger to my ipod, from there i opened disk utility and formatted my internal drive and partitioned it. I installed tiger to my first partition (by selecting OSInstall.mpkg) and intended to boot to it....but i tried to boot to it, i reached the grey apple screen and my ibook sat blankly, and so did I, waiting for the little spinning loading thingy to show up...and nothing. I tried again and had the same problem. This was the same .dmg i used for installing tiger on to my ipod so i can run a minimal system. Now i dunno what to do, i'm just simply having too much trouble trying to install all this. can anybody help me out at all? please

thanks in advance

nigel

Hi, try to burn Tiger from your minimalsystem, and then try again installing Tiger from DVD.

Should woking.

2. Try.. burn only with DiscUtility (Apple).

Burn with other apps did not working.

so now i have my dual boot working. 

basically, i backed up anything i needed (including my leopard image)...then i formatted my internal hard drive in to 2 partitions, made them both 20gb, installed tiger to one for primary use and leopard to the other (installed via ipod...took a while, but worked) and now i'm just planning on moving all my backed up information back.