acer aspire x3810

johndoe1974

2 posts in this topic

Hey, this is my first post on this site, i am trying to get osx snow leopard 10.6.6 to work on this machine,

the specs are

Dual core intel

nvidia 310

4 gigs of ram

750 sata drive

Everything works, graphics seems a bit sluggish, though it works, tested high def videos with it...

my issue is, when i shut down, the hard drive turns off, screen as well, but the fans are still running, and i have to hold down to shut it off, does anyone else have this issue, with any machine and figured out what is the problem?

thanks in advance....

• 7 months later...
Hey, this is my first post on this site, i am trying to get osx snow leopard 10.6.6 to work on this machine,

the specs are

Dual core intel

nvidia 310

4 gigs of ram

750 sata drive

Everything works, graphics seems a bit sluggish, though it works, tested high def videos with it...

my issue is, when i shut down, the hard drive turns off, screen as well, but the fans are still running, and i have to hold down to shut it off, does anyone else have this issue, with any machine and figured out what is the problem?

thanks in advance....

did you ever get this to run OSX? I picked one of these up cheap and I had a build in mind. (Acer Aspire X3810-B3801A) I happen to have a low rise Nvidia 8400GS. I was hoping to make a nice MAC mini out of it. Any tips?