Asus P5P800, ADI 1985 with SoundMAX

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm just stumped. No matter what I try, I can't get the right audio channel / right speaker to output any sound.

It didn't really bother me so much if it was mono coming out of the left channel, but when playing music you can tell its just 1 channel being output.

Is there a .kext that enables the right channel output?

My system is an ASUS P5P800 with on-board ADI 1985 sound.

Thanks in advance!

There is indeed it can be found on these forums I have downloaded it my self I will post it for those that have not got it but I can remember who posted the file first

There is indeed it can be found on these forums I have downloaded it my self I will post it for those that have not got it but I can remember who posted the file first

you may have to edit the ad198xcodec a little more can be found on these forums

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

Sweet! I'll take a look at that now!

When you say edit I'm completely new with editing .kext things so any help you can give will greatly be appreciated. Such as what I'm looking for or what I might need to get info from, etc ;)

Thanks again!

[EDIT] Is it the Info.plist you were talking about with editing?

Ok found this ---> http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=15650

Need to find my Vendor ID now

You may be ok just moving that to your extensions folder if however it does not work you then may need to replace one of those mentioned string

PS after replacing the file you need to delete the extensions.kextcache and extensions.mkext files found in system/library folder

then restart to see if it has worked

Hmm turns out my VendorID is already in the Info.plist ...

Damn... guess this isn't going to go anywhere :blink:

The AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip file you attached, which version of OS X is that for? I get errors when trying to 'kextload' the codec with it.

Is there a more recent one that works with the right channel?

[edit] I'm running 10.4.7

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention I solved this problem, turned out it was a kext issue combined with something as mundane as... the dodgy connector in the headphone jack... yes, quite trivial and can't believe I didn't double-check that!

Please close this thread, thanks :(