Post KP.. OSX wont boot.. Triple boot..Dell Mini 10v

WhiteWidow

8 posts in this topic

I got a kernel panic yesterday now when i go to boos osx (10.6.5) can get to the apple screen then the loading bar comes up like if it is restoring from a dead battery or sudden shutdown. But instead of loading osx it just crashed and shuts off. Verbose output goes by quickly at the end but i remember it saying something about rebuilding. is there anyway to save the out put of the verbose.

FYI Im running Windows 7, OSX 10.6.5, and linux Mint in triple boot. With chameleon boot loader.

*EDIT* i also played with the usb legacy the other day to try out Chrome OS off a usb. But i disabled it and it should be fine because W7 and mint boot fine.

How do i do that? Im triple booting with chameleon bootloader....I cant seem to figure it out..

To boot in single user mode, at Chameleon prompt (where you select which OS you want to boot) simply start typing.

Type: -s and hit enter on your Snow Leopard disk. It will take you to single user mode. Next thing you need to type is:

/sbin/fsck -fy

It might fix some filesystem errors and make your system bootable.

Also -x is for safe mode, can be useful.

To boot in single user mode, at Chameleon prompt (where you select which OS you want to boot) simply start typing.

Type: -s and hit enter on your Snow Leopard disk. It will take you to single user mode. Next thing you need to type is:

/sbin/fsck -fy

It might fix some filesystem errors and make your system bootable.

Also -x is for safe mode, can be useful.

Thanks for the info, but it says the volume can not be repaired. I hope i dont have to go through this install process, there is no dvd drive and making flash media takes forever, plus id like to save this install and data somehow. Anything else i can try?

Perhaps you don't have to go through the install process again, maybe you could put [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymacx86's site on your flash drive and try to boot with it? I have no clue, but somehow I think that won't work. If it does, use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].