most powerful Nvidia card that full works with OSX?

Macandcheese

4 posts in this topic

Hola InsanelyMac peoples

In light of a lot of amazing new GPU's being released, what is the most powerful nvidia card that one can use with a hackintosh? For my purposes, gaming, video editing, and graphic design (not in that order per say), I'm looking for a powerful card that has full acceleration and no random issues that would make it a terrible purchase, like restarts or something.

So there is the GeForce GTX 580 I guess is the top of the line. Any problems with this gpu?

Hola InsanelyMac peoples

In light of a lot of amazing new GPU's being released, what is the most powerful nvidia card that one can use with a hackintosh? For my purposes, gaming, video editing, and graphic design (not in that order per say), I'm looking for a powerful card that has full acceleration and no random issues that would make it a terrible purchase, like restarts or something.

So there is the GeForce GTX 580 I guess is the top of the line. Any problems with this gpu?

look here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

The latest ("most powerfull") fully supported Cards are:

NVidia Geforce GTX 285

NVidia Quadro 4000

For those Cards you don't need any additional Kexts, if you use GraphicsEnabler and a up-to-date Version of chameleon.

The GTX 460/470/480 seem to work with QE/CI, but in my experience they work pretty good, in about 90%.

But i experienced some Problems with the Framebuffers, in Final Cut i can't Preview Clips that have not been rendered, and the list goes on.

So if you want full compatibility now get the GTX285 or Quadro 4000

I wouldn't get a Fermi Card for OSx86 until those Chips are fully supported.