AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Timed out after update

WhizZ

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

After a long time i want to install OSX86 on my system again.

I used iAtkos s3 to install 10.6.3. with no extra drivers ( no sound / VGA ) ethernet worked out of the box.

I read online that i could update using the apple updater, so i did and updated tot 10.6.6.

And now it's stuck at boot. on the line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) Timed out

i tried booting into -v -x and arch=i386 but nothing works. just sitting there.

my system:

Gigabyte X48-DS5

Intel Q9550

4x1GB DDR2 1066mhz

Sapphire HD5770

DSC_0014.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hi all,

After a long time i want to install OSX86 on my system again.

I used iAtkos s3 to install 10.6.3. with no extra drivers ( no sound / VGA ) ethernet worked out of the box.

I read online that i could update using the apple updater, so i did and updated tot 10.6.6.

And now it's stuck at boot. on the line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) Timed out

i tried booting into -v -x and arch=i386 but nothing works. just sitting there.

my system:

Gigabyte X48-DS5

Intel Q9550

4x1GB DDR2 1066mhz

Sapphire HD5770

DSC_0014.jpg

Did you manage to solve this? Im having exactly the same issue after the 10.6.6 update using iAtkos S3 V2 on my desktop PC (thou this process worked just fine on my Alienware m11x)

Thanlks!!

Did you manage to solve this? Im having exactly the same issue after the 10.6.6 update using iAtkos S3 V2 on my desktop PC (thou this process worked just fine on my Alienware m11x)

Thanlks!!

If I boot into verbose mode I get that as well, although it boots into OS X(10.6) fine.

I tried updating and got that as well. For me I had to remove/reinstall some kexts. Not sure if that is helpful or not, but I am not a guru in the least bit.