Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Masna

Boot Camp?

5 posts in this topic

Dear all... I need to know, once and for all, if I can make a Leopard partition using Boot Camp. If so, how? I can't afford to totally repartition. So?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Bump. Please, someone, I need to know!

Or, is there another way I can partition my drive without losing what I already have?

Boot Camp 1.1(New Beta that was released today) will non-destructively partition your drive by default. Basically(my guess anyway) is that it resizes the free space of the primary partition and then creates a new one from the resulting. In otherwords partition-on my friend.

Also to install Leopard, you will have to format the new partition(that Boot Camp makes) as a Mac OS after it is created...other than that just install the dvd/image as normal

Boot Camp 1.1(New Beta that was released today) will non-destructively partition your drive by default. Basically(my guess anyway) is that it resizes the free space of the primary partition and then creates a new one from the resulting. In otherwords partition-on my friend.

Also to install Leopard, you will have to format the new partition(that Boot Camp makes) as a Mac OS after it is created...other than that just install the dvd/image as normal

How can I format it for Mac OS?

Anyone? All I need to know is how to format a Boot Camped partition for Mac (I'm going to use this as my Leopard partition).