VMWare Unity and Windows Host?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Now i've got the snow leo running in VMware (lazy me after hitting my head against the wall for only a day i resorted to stupid solutions and just downloaded a working vmx), and can even get screen resolutions, sound and mouse switchign (dunno what it's called there, when u don't have to unlock ur input devices switching between machines. However, i can't still enable Unity (even after i install VMWare Tools) - it says the VMWare tools are outdated and it can't change screen resolution. Had no luck in virtualbox neither, where i had the system up and running, but their own version of tools needed to run seamless is unavailable for mac os x.

Has anyone been ever able to run Mac Os X in Windows Host with that (regardless of the name) feature turned on?

Any help be much appreciated.

Hi all,

Now i've got the snow leo running in VMware (lazy me after hitting my head against the wall for only a day i resorted to stupid solutions and just downloaded a working vmx), and can even get screen resolutions, sound and mouse switchign (dunno what it's called there, when u don't have to unlock ur input devices switching between machines. However, i can't still enable Unity (even after i install VMWare Tools) - it says the VMWare tools are outdated and it can't change screen resolution. Had no luck in virtualbox neither, where i had the system up and running, but their own version of tools needed to run seamless is unavailable for mac os x.

Has anyone been ever able to run Mac Os X in Windows Host with that (regardless of the name) feature turned on?

Any help be much appreciated.

Unity does not work with Mac OS X guests. You would need VMware to add support to the tools for it to work.