Still no External iSight support

Mark 2000

4 posts in this topic

I just tried bootcamp 1.1 on my mac mini with an external isight. The drivers won't install. I get a "this driver does not contain information about your device" message. Does this mean mac mini users will never webcam support? Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

yesterday, i extracted the installation for xp with pacifist trying to get my external isight running under xp on pc. the driver contains a remark " only for built in isight ".

so, till now no chance to get it running via firwire, i guess !! ;)

greetz knobsi

• 5 weeks later...
The internal iSighs are on a USB2 bus so the drivers will not work for the External firewire iSight

So this is the problem... That the internal isight got an usb connection... I got the same problem with my external isight and a dual boot system with acronis os selector... In osx obviously no problems, in windows xp the isight is not recognized well, it is recognized as a generic 1394 webcam and no builtin microphone support...

Is there a way to utilize a connector that convert the firewire signal to usb2 using a firewire to usb2 connector? If yes, the drivers inside the latest boot camp will work well using isight with this?