Will ANY distro of 10.6 work with the HP D530?

jmarran

4 posts in this topic

Greetings, all.

After doing some basic research, I successfully installed OS X10.5.6 (the iDeneb version) onto my HP D530 SFF PC. Everything, including audio (front and back), video, USB, LAN and wi-fi works. I LOVE having an OSx86 "Mac". However, it's stuck at 10.5.6. I have been unsuccessful in getting Snow Leopard to install onto it, though. I have tried almost every bootloader going...[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Rebel, Chameleon, etc. Nothing seems to get me past the grey Apple screen...and shortly after I see it, I see the littel white box with the circle and line through it. Doesn't take much to figure out that the install is failing.

The D530 is as generic as can be...Pentium 4, i865 chipset, etc. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN 10.6 TO WORK???

It's frustrating as heck!

John

<br />try a distro. iatkos, ipc, hazzard, it's really an old hardware, but i've managed to make a P4 3.0Ghz desktop run SL (processor was read as 3.0Ghz Core Solo).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you, my friend. I will give them a try! I really like the D530. It's generic, but it has been a nice PC. (My wife gave it to me for Christmas in 2009.) I realize, though, that if I want the new stuff, I need to RUN the new hardware.

Thanks again!

John

• 5 months later...
Greetings, all.

After doing some basic research, I successfully installed OS X10.5.6 (the iDeneb version) onto my HP D530 SFF PC. Everything, including audio (front and back), video, USB, LAN and wi-fi works. I LOVE having an OSx86 "Mac". However, it's stuck at 10.5.6. I have been unsuccessful in getting Snow Leopard to install onto it, though. I have tried almost every bootloader going...[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], Rebel, Chameleon, etc. Nothing seems to get me past the grey Apple screen...and shortly after I see it, I see the littel white box with the circle and line through it. Doesn't take much to figure out that the install is failing.

The D530 is as generic as can be...Pentium 4, i865 chipset, etc. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN 10.6 TO WORK???

It's frustrating as heck!

John

Hello John!

I'm trying to install MacOS X (any version, since 10.4 is ok for the needs), but without luck...

I've downloaded iDeneb with 10.5.7, the boot from the cd is ok, the install of the OS is ok, but no luck with the boot from the HD.

Please, can you tell me the link for iDeneb with the 10.5.6?

And/or your settings for the install of your 10.5.6?

My d530 is a Celeron 2.4GHz, this can be a problem?

I've tried to install 10.5, 10.5.4, 10.6.3, 10.4 also with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Legacy 2.7.2, 2.7, 3.1.1 (with all the combinations), without any luck: the installer of the system doesn't start.

I hope you can help me: this old d530 is my father's PC, and I'll be happy to convert it in a new "Mac" :)

I've added 2 Gb of ram (the original was 256 Mb), and I've changed the HD with a 160Gb.

If I can boot this old PC with a MacOS X this will be a good new computer for my father!

Thank you! :)

Best regards,

Enrico

P.S.: with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.7 and 10.6.3 (updated to 10.6.7) I've built an Hackintosh with an i7 870, Asus P7P55D LE, PNY 295, fw card for my recording studio's needs (with ProTools HD), and it works like a charm! :)