Problems booting up iATKOS v7

memoriesuntold

3 posts in this topic

So i was able to install iATKOS v7 onto my desktop (Asus cg5290) everything went smooth but when it comes time to restart afterwards nothing happens (black screen single blinking dash) i can boot via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and i can see my drives and can start with the flags but i must not be using the right one?

ive tried:

-s -x -v -f busratio=12 cpus=1 arch=i386 -x32 -force32 / 64

specs are as follows

MoBo

Chipset Intel X58

Southbridge Intel 82801JR ICH10R

BIOS version:0502 (05/11/2009)

Video - nVidia GeForce 260GTX

CPU - i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz

RAM - 12GB DDR3

(if more information is needed just post here and ill get back to you within 10mins, as i get emails directly to phone)

any help would be greatly appreciated as i have been messing with this for bout 2 weeks now =(

as a side not, i have Win7 and Ubuntu 10.10 on one harddrive already set up for dual boot, im trying to place Snow Leopard on my other hdd.

update: tried 2 different methods to no avail

tried to install with iPortable Snow and tried to install via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Retail Disc

both get as far as initial grey screen with apple logo and the spinning circle but then my monitor turns off?

any idea what could cause this? i would try to use the onboard video card thru the mobo but sadly this unit only has a pci card for video (260GTX)

no idea. why dont you boot with -v and tell us what you see? yeah, you will see error codes and such, but that's the important part so we can troubleshoot what problems you are having. We can't just guess what your problem is. We are good, but not THAT good.