ATI 4770

lotharhahn

2 posts in this topic

Hi all!

First:

I don't know why I need to make a new topic in the New Users Lounge because there is already a topic 4770 Solutions where this Post would fit!

Second:

After I've read some of the posts linked under first, I was really surprised that my 4770 Saphire ( http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a450173.html ) worked "out of the box". I've installed iatkos s3 v2. After adding my resolution in the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist I've nice colors and the right resolution (1400x1050x32). But something is strange. In Windows i can watch all kind of resolution youtube videos with out any lagging. Here in windowed mode it goes well until 720p but lags at 1080p and fullscreen mode it starts at 480p! So is there any kext ore plst i could add to solve this issue ... didn't try 3D !

Thanks

Lothar

Hahaha! I cant post directly to that topic as well... Anyway, your system is probably strugling bkz you are using standard VESA framebuffers... (Wich means generic video driver). You should get decent speed at desktop if you get ATI Framebuffer working... And decent gaming speed of you do the rest of ati2000 KEXTs stuff described in that topic)

I just acomplished installing my hackintosh with this rig (Surprisingly it installed easier than WinXP). And I was going to ask there if i should use my Snow with 1.6.3 and follow that guide, or try the method described in the last reply in that topic (wich requires an update to 1.6.6) xx;

btw, sorry bkz my English sucks, and for anyone who can help me, Im using a Retail SL install =p

Thanks in advance.

*Edit: Following that tutorial I got one of my 4770`s running... Now I must figure out how to boot with Crossfire-X... bkz I dont wanna remove/insert the card everytime i boot windows to play games x\

My XBench scores:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=503264

Hi all!

First:

I don't know why I need to make a new topic in the New Users Lounge because there is already a topic 4770 Solutions where this Post would fit!

Second:

After I've read some of the posts linked under first, I was really surprised that my 4770 Saphire ( http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a450173.html ) worked "out of the box". I've installed iatkos s3 v2. After adding my resolution in the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist I've nice colors and the right resolution (1400x1050x32). But something is strange. In Windows i can watch all kind of resolution youtube videos with out any lagging. Here in windowed mode it goes well until 720p but lags at 1080p and fullscreen mode it starts at 480p! So is there any kext ore plst i could add to solve this issue ... didn't try 3D !

Thanks

Lothar