Flash hangs Safari up

Bungo

5 posts in this topic

Lately noticed that Safari hangs up during opening some webs (e.g Insanelymac), sometimes it hangs up whole system - restart was needed. I thougth something wrong with my Wi-Fi adapter or GFX. Disabling Plug-ins in Safari Preferences/Security resolved this issue (but not a problem).

Lately noticed that Safari hangs up during opening some webs (e.g Insanelymac), sometimes it hangs up whole system - restart was needed. I thougth something wrong with my Wi-Fi adapter or GFX. Disabling Plug-ins in Safari Preferences/Security resolved this issue (but not a problem).

Nothing new there, Macromedia's Flash has always conflicted with Apple's Mac OS X/iOS; the two are only barely compatible.

Recent versions of FlashPlayer hang Safari on any OS 10.6.x system that doesn't have a hardware OpenGL driver. This was discussed several times in the Virtualization forum. The last version of FlashPlayer that doesn't suffer from this problem is 10r45, so if you downgrade to that, problem solved.

Recent versions of FlashPlayer hang Safari on any OS 10.6.x system that doesn't have a hardware OpenGL driver. This was discussed several times in the Virtualization forum. The last version of FlashPlayer that doesn't suffer from this problem is 10r45, so if you downgrade to that, problem solved.

Thanks, it helped.